Chapter Twenty-Nine;

“What did you do with the ring?” Brian asked, biting off the tip of his French-fry.

I sat across from him in the booth.  I took a sip of my drink before answering.  “Right where you left it.”

He let out a long sigh, and leaned back.  “Why won’t you wear it?”

I shrugged.  “It’s just a ring that holds empty promises.” I muttered.

                “I plan on keeping those promises, Jenna…Only if you let me.”

I looked up from the table, and caught his eyes.  “I don’t want to rush into anything,” I said softly.  “I want things to start out slow, and try the dating thing first.”

The corner of his mouth perked into a small smile.  “Dating thing?”

I laughed a little.  “Yes, dating thing.  I just want to keep it quiet for awhile, and find out what this thing is between us.”

He nodded.  “I can deal with that.  Under one condition.”

I looked at him curiously.  “What would that be?”

He got up from his side, and scooted in next to me.  He leaned against the table, and looked at me.  “I get to kiss you every day.” His voice was soft, and he had a small smile.

I smiled.  “I can deal with that.” I mocked.

I leaned into him, leaving a gentle kiss on his lips.  He pulled me back for one more, and moved his head back a little.  “We should head to Matt’s.” He nearly groaned.

I placed a hand on his chest, “I’ll be spending the night tonight, so think about that and maybe time will go by a bit quicker.”

He smirked and shook his head.  “That’s defiantly not going to help pass the time.  You have your bathing suit?”

                “Yes, now let’s go.  The sooner we get there, the sooner we can get out of there.”

He slid out of the booth, and grabbed my hand as I did.

We were sitting in the driveway of Matt’s house, neither one of us wanting t go in.  It was Brian’s fault.  He got us into going swimming, because he can’t say no to Jimmy.  “It’s been raining every day for the past week, and on the day it stops, this is how we spend it.” He dropped his hands into his lap.

I poked his shoulder.  “Learn how to say no.”

I got out of the car, and walked to his side, throwing the door open.  I thrust my hand in his direction, “Let’s go.” 

He threw his head back, groaned for a good minute, and accepted my hand.  “Two hours max.” he whispered.  I dismissed him with my hand, and dragged him towards the door.  I could already hear people shouting and laughing, something I was all too familiar with.

                I stepped through the door, Brian in hand still.  I followed him upstairs, and into the guest room so we could get changed.  I locked the door before proceeding to the bathroom.  I changed into a basic black bikini, and slipped my jean shorts back on.  I walked out of the bathroom just in time to watch Brian finish changing.  “I’ve got a nice view.” I leaned against the door frame of the bathroom, gazing at Brian’s backside.  He spun around, and a crooked smirk played on his mouth.  “Mine isn’t so bad either.” He walked up to me, cupping my face.  He left a gentle kiss on my lips before pulling away. “Two hours.” He repeated.

I laughed, and grabbed his hand, dragging him out of the room.

                I could hear Jimmy’s loud voice coming from the back patio, and a boom of continuous laughter.  I pulled the sliding glass door opened, and slipped out with Brian close behind.  They all waved, and greeted us once they noticed we were here.  All the guys were here, along with Midge, Lindsey, Charlotte, and Fallyn.  Brian and I split up, and I found a chair sitting next to Fallyn’s lounger.  She opened her eyes, and turned her head in my direction.  “Glad you could make it.” She smiled, giving my leg a poke.  I leaned back in my seat, and focused my attention on Brian.  “Glad I could make it, too.” I replied, not taking my eyes away from him.