Finale;

It’s the day of Zack and Fallyn’s wedding.  Everything was bright, white, and beautiful.  It’s not spring of next year.  I haven’t seen Brian since the day he got back from California.  It was possibly worse than the day he basically swore me out of his life.  He tried calling, maybe texting a few times but eventually it all stopped.  The only time I saw him was on my TV or on the internet, which was pretty rare.

                Yes, I still love him and will most likely always love him.  He was my best friend for many years, we shared so many special moments, and he was my first love.  There will always be this certain ache in my chest when I think about him.  The pain he caused me has faded over the months, but I still miss him.  I still won’t to wrap my arms around him and have him hold me until the pain goes away.  But he’s the one that cause it.  All he did is make it worse. 

                I stood on the white walkway, lying down on the grass.  She insisted on having an outside wedding on the hottest day of the year.  People were sitting, ready for the wedding to start.  Fallyn made me a bridesmaid and Zack of course made Brian one of his groomsman.  And even better, we’re the ones walking down the aisle together.  I knew that did it on purpose.  I haven’t seen Brian in months, and this isn’t exactly how I wanted to see him first off.

                But, I walked away, back inside the house that belonged to one of their friends.  I walked up the stairs, finding the room with all the girls.  I opened the door, slipping inside.  Fallyn stood in front of the mirror, her dress falling to the floor.  The silk, jeweled fabric hugged her perfectly.  Her brown locked fell against her shoulder and she had the biggest smile.  “You look so beautiful.”   I smiled, wrapping my arms around her shoulders.

                “Thanks, Jenna.”

I dropped my arms and took a step back. “Are you nervous?”

                “Very.” She breathed, rubbing her hands together.  “I’m scared he’s going to get cold feet.”

I shook my head, “I can promise you that he’s not.  Believe me.  Matt called me the other night to have an excuse to get him to shut up.”

She giggled, her cheeks turning red.  “He really is the one, huh?”

                “He’s the one for you.”

The bedroom door opened, and her mom stepped through.  “Are you ready?”

She nodded, picking up her dress.

                I picked up the train of her dress as she made her way down the stairs.  She was blocked off from the view of the sliding glass door so she wasn’t visible for Zack to see.  I lifted my head once we made it to the bottom of the stairs, and locked eyes with Brian instantly.

I felt my breath hitch in my throat.

This was worse than I expected.

                “Let’s get in line!” Her mom continued.

I tore my eyes away from his and walked up to him.  He held his arm out and I looped my arm through his.  I was handed a bouquet of flowers and I could finally let go of the breath I was holding.  “Hi to you, too.” Brian mumbled.

                “Hi, Brian.” I said evenly, not looking in his direction.

                “I can tell you’re really happy to see me.” He snorted.

                “Nope, not at all.”

He didn’t say anything else.

                The music started, smooth.  I had to remind myself to walk with one foot in front of the other.  And smile, of course.  Despite hanging from Brian’s arm, I was happy.  I haven’t been too happy in a while.  Liam isn’t around anymore either.  He moved to California about two months ago for college.  It was getting quite lonely by myself.