Chapter Twenty-Five;

He stared down at me; his lips drew in a hard line.  “Say what first?”

I got closer to his face.  “Tell me you hate me, and I’ll leave you alone for good.”

He looked at me, his brown eyes a shade darker than before.  For a moment, we just stand there, staring at each other.  He was supposed to speak first.  I don’t know if I should be happy or kind of relieved because he hasn’t said it.  He was hesitating, which means he really doesn’t mean it.  “That’s not fair!” he shouts, taking a step closer.

I jumped a little.  “And it’s fair that you want me to hate you?”

He opened his mouth a little.  “I could never…hate you, Jenna.  So I hope you don’t expect me to say that I do.”

                “Then why do you expect me to say it?”

His face fell.  “Because you should hate me by now.”

I shook my head, “No, I shouldn’t.  If anything, I love you more.” I took a step closer, closing the small space between us.  I placed my hands on his chest, and curled his shirt into my fist.  I looked up at him, and he had been looking down at me.  “If you hate me, I don’t know what I would do.”

He moved a hand up, brushing his fingers over my cheek.  He tucked a loose stand of hair behind my ear, and brought hand down to cup my face.  “I told you,” he whispered.  “I could never hate you.”

His lips found mine again, but I was hesitant to kiss him back.  He noticed and pulled away.  “I’m sorry.” His breath was faint on my lips.

                I stood on the tips of my toes, and reconnected our lips.  I felt his smile, and he kissed me back.  I haven’t gotten a smile from Brian since Christmas.  A genuine smile.  Now I was kissing him, and we were both fully aware of it.  He didn’t jerk away like he had done previously.  He kissed me back with just as much passion he did when he first kissed me.  I remember making the first move that night.

                I wrapped my arms around his neck, and his hands dropped to my hips.  He pulled me closer, until our bodies collided.  He held onto me as he pulled away, and pressed his forehead to mine.  “No more crying.” He whispered against my lips.

I gave him a smile, and kissed him again.  “Depends.”

He pulled back, and gave me a curious look.  “Depends on what?”

                “Are you done?”

He nodded.  “I can’t pretend like that anymore.  I’m done being an asshole for the rest of my life.”

I laughed.  “We won’t go that far, but I’m glad to have you back.”

He kissed me several times before stepping away from me.  “I guess I should be going.”

                “You can’t stay?” I asked.

                “I have to be up at six in the morning, and get on the road.”

I almost forgot he had to leave again.  “Just stay tonight, and leave at five-thirty.”

                “I have a feeling I won’t be getting much sleep if I stay here.”

I smirked.  “What makes you think that?”

A devious grin broke out on his face, and he charged towards me, tackling me to the bed.  I’m glad things are starting to get back to normal.