10

We just left the mattress and went back to my place, where we waited for Lewis to be done with work. We sat on my couch with the awkward silence. I didn't know what to do and I'm sure he didn't know what to do either. We both kind of just needed a breather. Eventually Haynes said something.

"I don't know why I said that. I mean I really really like you and care about you, but it was way to soon to say that."

I nodded slowly.

"Could I take it back and save it for later? Or is there a rule against that?"

I shook my head slowly.

"I am so sorry, I can pack my bags and be out of your hair in an hour. Just so you know, I may not have meant it now, but I'm going to mean it." He got up.

I let out a sigh, "It just took me by surprise. I think you can take it back and not leave me. It was just the IKEA curse." I can't believe I'm so understanding. Normally I would just kick the guy who and pretend like I don't even know them.

He looked at the time, "It's almost five, we should go and meet Lewis."

I nodded and we left. We got to the coffee shop, where Lewis was waiting. He was wearing dark blue skinny jeans, a pinkish button down shirt, maroon converse and a fish hook necklace.

"Thought the school banned you from were that necklace cause it's unsafe for the kids?" I questioned with a light smile.

"Yeah, I don't care. They won't fire me, the kids love me." Lewis shrugged.

"I never got to formally introduce myself, I'm Haynes." He smiled, shaking Lewis' hand.

"Lewis, as you know, so, who's ready for a job?"

Haynes raised his hand. I rolled my eyes and giggled a little. We started the hunt at an underground art gallery. The guy who owned the place was baked off his ass. It was really awesome actually. Haynes didn't really seem to care about the place, but he did like the underground factor. So, Lewis thought of the perfect place. It's a club, but in the basement, it's filled with artistes, who sell their stuff, give classes and take request. Haynes absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, there was no space available, so he agreed to be a temp. You know, the boring stuff, coffee runs, art supply runs, he's just the dog. However, the second a space frees up, he'll get it. His boss was this really attractive guy, named Jerome Kyler. He was an average height with short styled blonde hair, bright blue eyes and a little scruff going on. Like I said very attractive, but no Haynes. He was wearing, paint covered jeans and white shirt with red converse. He also had some paint on his face.

"Sorry for making you our slave, but you will be getting minim wage, if that makes you feel better." Jerome smiled. He has such a blooming personality.

"I'm currently a doctor, I have a lot of money saved." He added, not trying to brag but it did sound braggy.

"Why are you here then?"

"My dad said being a doctor was the only thing that mattered and my art was just a stupid hobby."

"Ah, you and Wang would get along quite well."

"Wang?" I questioned.

"Here, everyone gets a nickname, except for Haynes, cause that name is awesome. Also, Wang is our only Asian guy."

"Sweet! So, what does everyone go by?" Haynes asked.

"Everyone! Drop what your doing, so you can meet your new co-worker."

Everyone did so. There's five people who work here other than Haynes and Jerome. There was a girl with a lot of tattoos, short black hair and dark brown eyes, with a nose ring. Her birth name is Anna Lynn, but nickname is Shirly. Simply because she says "surely" all the time. Next is a guy with dirty blonde ish hair and super bright blue eyes, he looked pretty punk. Birth name is Alex Gin, nickname Gin in tonic because of his last name. He also has an accent which is really hot. Anyways, the next guy was an average height, black guy with black hair and two different eye colors, once brown and the other green named Austin Brink. Pretty awesome and his nickname is mutant. And finally Kiya Marie Allen. She is super hot, with long brown hair and big blue eyes with several face piercings, her nickname was K. Also Jerome's nickname is The Joker because he gets a little crazy when he's drunk. They all seem pretty cool, I just want to make sure none of the girls are sluts. I guess it's a territory thing. Oh and for the sake of my sanity I'm going to be calling everyone by there first names. Except for Wang because I don't know his real name. 

"You can start tomorrow." Jerome smiled.

"Perfect." Haynes smiled and we left.

Haynes and I said goodbye to Lewis and we went back to my, well our apartment. I took out some alcoholic beverages and celebrated. After a few drinks we started to make out on the couch, I wanted to go back to my bed, but he stopped. And that was really weird. I just looked confused. Am I not sexually attractive? What's going on?

"I'm very sorry, I want to take it slow."

I nodded, "I know, but sex isn't moving that fast."

He shook his head, "I just don't want to."

Well, he's not a virgin, obviously. So, he must be hiding something. I'm a little to drunk to deal with this and I didn't. That's future me problem, future me is a genius, she'll handle this. I eventually started to drift off on the couch and Haynes carried me to my bed. I fell asleep. I woke up in the morning with a note from Haynes saying that he went to work. Work, shit I might be late. I took out my phone and called Donnie, who seemed just as hungover as me, he said to hurry up because Sabrina and Sam were coming in. I quickly got changed into  a flamingo summery dress, white converse and a grenade necklace. I ran out the door and to work. When I got there, Sam and Sabrina were already there. I was out of breath and walked into the studio, being greeted by the two and Donnie handing me a coffee.

"Sorry guys, Haynes got a new job and we celebrated."

"Oooooo!" Sam smirked.

"Yeah, no actually. We're taking it slow."

"Wild Eliza, crazy party chick who sleeps around with just about everyone, taking it slow?"

"Wow, thanks for calling me a hoe." I pointed out but nodded.

Donnie was wearing an outfit he usually wears, jeans a t-shirt and converse with his leather jacket. Sam was wearing mostly black and Sabrina had one a really cute outfit. A dark blue pleaded skirt, a penny tee that says "basic just wont do" and black flats with clock earrings.

"I think it's great that you guys are taking it slow." Sabrina smiled.

"But then he makes me feel like I'm not hot enough for sex."

"You definitely are." Donnie mumbled something and I think that's what he said.

"Talk to him about then."

"Also we were in Ikea together-"

All three of them interupted with an "eeeeeh" out of fear.

"We got into a fight he said I love you, then took it back. I mean, I'm glad he took it back because I just don-"

"Shhhh." Sam put his hand over my mouth and I rolled my eyes.