31

It has been one day since the funeral. I don't know what I'm feeling. I'm not sad or angry or happy, but I feel something. I got out of bed and noticed that Haynes wasn't there. He's either cooking or he's at work. So, I changed into maroon skinny jeans, a black bralet, a white red and black stripe cardigan and black converse. I grabbed my phone and went into the kitchen. Haynes wasn't there, but there were pancakes and an envelope on the table. I opened the envelope as a I started to eat. There was a note inside that said he left for work early, but he got me something. I pulled out a silver heart necklace from the envelope and smiled. I put it on.

As I was eating, I got a text. It was from Gracie. She asked me to take her to school today. I said okay and left. I got to her apartment and knocked on the door. Gracie answered, she was wearing red leather jeggings, a black sugar skull tank top, grey converse and a rose gold safety pin earring on her top left ear. She grabbed her backpack and we left.

"Why am I taking you to school?" I asked.

"Lewis, Chloe and Haynes are at work and I didn't want to walk." She shrugged.

"Wait, Haynes takes you to school?"

She nodded, "sometimes he does."

"Sometimes? Wait, why do I not know about this?"

"I don't know, probably because you have your own drama."

"What does that mean?"

"Sometimes we talk about you and your job and you don't always talk about your job. But there's always something going on."

"Not always."

"Lately there has been and Haynes is noticing."

"Probably because my dad just died and funeral just happened. But that's just me." Yeah, I was offended by this. I can't believe he's doing this to me.

She shook her head, "I didn't tell him about the kiss. I just want you to know that he suspects something."

We got to the high school and we weren't done with the conversation. I tried to have her stay a little longer but she said that she didn't want to be late. So, I walked to the door with her.

"What does he think is going on?" I asked.

"Look, I gotta go. Okay?" She started to walk away.

"I'll pick you up then!" I shouted as she was leaving.

"Haynes is picking me up."

Before I could say anything else she was long gone. I might have to call and tell Haynes not to pick her up. Or I could actually talk to him, that. Yeah, I should probably do that. Hopefully he doesn't think anything bad. I mean it was only a kiss. Plus, I pushed him away and obviously it meant nothing. I arrived at work and took a few seconds to myself. I had to toughen myself up for today. I was actually going to talk to Donnie about it all. I got out of my car and walked in. Donnie wasn't in his office, hopefully he did show up today. I walked into the recording studio. Sabrina was sitting there. She smiled when she saw me. She was wearing a short yellow dress with ruffles at the end of the dress and sleeves, black leggings, black ankle boots and a black choker with a silver bow. I hugged her.

"Wow, you look horrible." She pointed out.

I nodded, "thinking about making a coffee run, you want anything?"

"Donnie is already making one."

"Of course he is. I guess anything to avoid me." I rolled my eyes.

"He actually does want to talk to you. After he gets the coffees he wanted me to record some stuff, while I'm doing that you two were going to talk in his office. That was his plan."