42

Eliza's POV

Day after the party

I was surprisingly the first to wake up, which is super weird. We all fell asleep in the living, even Haynes. I honestly thought he would've moved to our room. But I shrugged it off, he was probably way too tired to move. I made myself a cup of coffee and went into my room. I opened my laptop to do some actual work. Seriously, I'm not online shopping... It's a miracle. Anyways I promised Donnie I would get some work done and I didn't have a plan to go into work today. So, I can do everything on my laptop and just send it over to Donnie. 

When I work, I like to have headphones on, plus I didn't want anyone to wake up because of me. As I was working, I realized I got a lot done. I guess my dad was right, if I just applied myself, I would get things done faster and better. I bet if I applied myself and didn't constantly have a hangover, I would graduated college. 

Think about how different my life would be. College grad with whatever major I was taking, I'm pretty sure it was music, but I'm probably wrong. Would I still be working at my dad's studio? Would I have ever met Haynes? Would I have ever met my brother or mom? How different could my life have been? That's crazy to think about. I could've been a completely different person than I am right now. Well, thank the heavens that I'm lazy. I love my life, perfect boyfriend, job, friends, just a perfect life. Not sure how much perfect my life could be. 

I finally finished the work I had to do and sent it over to the studio. I fell back into my bed and stared at my ceiling, while listening to music. I could fall asleep like this. So comfy. But as my eyes were closing, I got pounced on by Chloe. 

"Come on!" She pulled my headphones off with a big smile. 

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Out and about. A double date. Haynes wants to take us all out on this fancy winery trip. Apparently he's been planning this for awhile. He got plane tickets to Portland and we should be there by 2 in the afternoon today." 

"Seriously?" I asked.

She nodded, "so, lets get a move on. Come on, pack and get ready!"

Chloe and Lewis went home to pack. They said they would meet us at the airport. I quickly packed and walked out into the kitchen where Haynes was eating cereal. I walked up to the counter where he was standing and just stared at me. Waiting for something. 

"You should probably get changed because after we drop everything off at the house we're going straight out to the winery." 

Not what I was expecting him to say. 

"House?"

"Yeah, Kayla owns a house up there, she said I could use it whenever and I decided to use it now." 

I'm not going to question it. Maybe he needs a vacation from the big question he was asked. I am not surprised. So, I went back to the room and got changed. I changed into yellow high-waist cotton shorts, a dark blue, maroon, brown and yellow tank top topped with a denim cropped shirt that was tied in the front and black converse. 

I walked back out to my kitchen and was greeted by an interesting look from Haynes. He was smiling, but a little confused. I just gave him the same look back.

"That outfit reminds me, well, of me." He smiled. 

I nodded and shrugged, "what can I say? I guess you're rubbing off on me.

He walked over and kissed my forehead. He went to go get changed, apparently he was already packed... I guess that makes sense since he planned the trip. It took him a lot longer to get ready, so I thought to go check on him. I was about to walk into the room, but I heard him talking to someone. I guess he's on the phone.