37

Haynes' POV

"That's what happened." I said.

His parents seem devastated. I've never seen them like this. All 3 of them began to cry. Something I still can't do. I think about that night every single day and I still can't cry about. I want to, I just can't. It's been a year and I still can't feel anything towards it. Maybe it's time I get a therapist.

His parents and sister hugged Charles and I. Charles, who was also crying apologized to them. I did too. The apologized to us too. They asked if Charles and I could help with an actual funeral. We agreed to it. After the meeting, Charles and I went out to eat.

"How are you?" He asked.

"I'm going to see a therapist."

"And it only took a year." He smiled a little.

I smiled back.

"But seriously, I wasn't expecting today to be that emotional," Charles added, "I really loved him, Haynes."

"I know you did, I can see it. The passion. And guess what? You're never going to lose that feelings towards him. You're going to move on, but you won't ever forget him."

"He wasn't even fully gay, just bi. He always told me that we were nothing more than just friends with benefits and somehow I still knew that he loved me."

I smiled, "All m years knowing him and I have never heard him say the word love, I just knew he felt it towards things and others."

"I have a crush on someone in my class. I'm not sure if he's gay or not."

"Dude. You're gay. You should know this stuff."

Charles sighed with some laughter, "straight people."

"What's this kid's name?" I asked.

"Brad."

"Just Brad? No last name?"

"Hummers, like you would even know him."

"He could've been one of my patients, you don't know."

"And you could remember all your patients?" Charles looked at me with disbelief.

"I don't have a photographic memory for nothing."

"So.. You ever have him as a patient?"

"Oh looks who crawling back," I smirked, "not him but I believe it was his dad."

"I wouldn't be surprised. But I'm trying to team up with him for our next project."

I just smiled. We finished eating and then went shopping. It was nice spend time with Charles for once. Once we finished, I decided to take him back to the apartment. Eliza didn't really get to know him and he's not a bad guy, so it's perfect. We walked in to see Eliza laying a two guys. One was tall with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes, wearing light blue jeans with writing all over it, a galaxy print t-shirt, black choker and white sneakers with wings on it. The other also had dark brown hair and green eyes. He was wearing black ripped jeans, a galaxy t-shirt almost identical to the other one's, a black choker and black sneakers. Eliza didn't notice me, but the two dudes did and didn't say anything.

"Straight relationships are weird." Charles said out loud.

Eliza got up, smiled and kissed me. I just looked at her confused.

"Oh shit, this Edgar and his boyfriend Kai." She seemed a little drunk.

"Gay club promoter." I smiled and kissed her again.

"This is Charles."

"I know who your brother is."

"Yeah, but the two manufactured boy band members don't. Plus they're gay and so is Charles. They could talk about Charles' crush."

"You were just dying to tell someone, weren't you?" Charles looked at me.

I ignored the question and we moved on. The rest of the night was hanging out, drinking and the boy band helping out Charles. I actually got Eliza alone, just to talk. We're both really drunk. We sat on our bed.

"I kind i wish this was a college party and we just met, both a little tipsy. Like a teenage movie."

She rested her hand on my shoulder, "same here. I mean I love being with you, but it just feels like it's the right moment to be a college party."

We sat silence or a bit. It wasn't bad, just prepping for the elephant in the room.

"How'd it go?"

"Actually really well, we're planning a real funeral for him. His little sister is still in love with me."

"Is my competition rough?"

"A 14 year old girl, yeah."

"Damn, well it was nice dating you." She stood up.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her back into bed. We kissed... A lot and well I'm sure you could imagine the rest. At least tomorrow is a new fresh day. Actually the first day I don't have to live with a burden. It's such a relief. I can't express how free I feel, no more secrets. This is the life.