23

We eventually walked in. Haynes and I went to the front desk where the secretary was. She told us to wait in the waiting room. So, we took a seat. It was quiet between us. Haynes could tell I was nervous. He knew anything he would say good and or bad would make things worse. I wish this wasn't so hard. Eventually the lawyer called for us. 

Haynes and I went into his office and took a seat. The office was small with bookshelves covering the walls. This place was filled with paperwork and a ton of books. The lawyer seemed to be really busy. He's tall blonde hair and blue eyes. He looked really young. 

"I'm Andy, What could I do for you?" He asked.

"I'm here for my dad's will. He died and I have to plan his funeral all on my own." I replied

Haynes cleared his throat. 

"With help from my boyfriend and friends."

"Okay, who was your father?"

"Richard Kelman. I'm his daughter, Eliza Kelman." I added.

Andy looked a little shock by that. I couldn't really explain it. 

"You okay?" Haynes asked.

"Ah, yeah. Richard and I were really close. Just kind of shocked I didn't hear about it."

"Can we just hurry this up?"

He nodded. He pulled out a file. The label said the Kelman family. I wonder what other information is in there. He was being really sketchy about the file. Trying to keep something in there a secret. 

"Could I just see the whole file?" I asked.

"Uh, the will is right here." Andy pulled out my dad's will.

We were going over his will, I got the studio and we found out he didn't care where the funeral would be held. I also got some money, which is pretty nice. As we were going over the will, Andy's secretary interrupted us. She had asked to see Andy. Once he left, I got up and grabbed my family's file.

"What are you doing?" Haynes asked.

"That lawyer was being weird the moment we walked in. There has to be something weird in this file." I added. 

The door knob started to shake. I quickly picked up the file and put it inside my purse. Haynes looked at me. Andy walked back in. 

"Sorry about that," He sat back down, "Where were we?"

"Actually I have to get back to the studio. Just remembered I got a band to deal with." I said and quickly left with Haynes right behind me. 

We got back into my car and just sat there. 

"You stole a file." Haynes pointed out.

"It's not technically stolen. It has my family name on it."

He shook his head.

"Could you just take me to work."

"Alright."

We drove. We got to the studio. I looked at Haynes before I got out.

"Look whatever family secret I have, it will be here." 

"You could get in a lot of trouble for this."

I shrugged, "Beats not knowing."

I kissed him and went inside. I went into Donnie's office, knowing he was probably out getting coffee or in the studio with the band. I just needed some peace and quiet so I could go through this file. I was finally able to look inside the file and I found out something huge. I have a brother. He's older than me, 30 and his name is Andrew. The file says that he lives with a Stacy Colber. I think that's my mom. It doesn't say if he works or not, just gives me an address. Hopefully this is his. I'm in shock, why wouldn't my dad tell me about this? Wouldn't he want me to know that I have a brother? Then again, he never talks about my mom. So, what am I even thinking? As I was looking through the file Donnie walked in. He was on the phone and didn't notice me right away.