40

Today is the day of the party. I'm actually really excited. I get to meet all of Haynes' friends who he works with and I'm pretty sure his boss already likes me. Plus free food. I got out of bed and walked into the kitchen. Haynes was cooking breakfast. He was wearing what he's going to be wearing tonight, tan pants with a black polo shirt and dark maroon sneakers. I'm just wearing my pjs, work out shorts with a velvet purple tank top. 

"I'm surprised the gays aren't here for breakfast." Haynes pointed out. 

I shrugged while on my phone, "they're probably still sleeping. They went out last night."

"You'll think they'll make it to the party on time?" 

I shook my head, "they're probably not even coming."

"Well, I can invite another couple."

"What about Chlo and Lewis?"

"I haven't seen them in a while. They should come." 

I smiled, "good because I already invited them."

Before he could add anything the doorbell rung. I hurried over and answered it. It was Lewis and Chloe. I had them wait out there, pretty sure they were waiting for about twenty minutes. They walked in and took a seat at the table, waiting for breakfast. Haynes looked me annoyed, but I knew he was cool with it. 

"So, how long were you guys waiting out there?" He asked continuing to make breakfast. 

"What are you talking about? We just got here." Chloe is such a bad liar. 

"Next time let Lewis lie for you." I replied. 

"My boss is a really cool guy, very laid back, just don't bring up politics." Haynes said. 

"Let me guess, big rich doctor voted for big rich millionaire." Lewis added a little annoyed. 

I'm not getting into that mess.

"Actually, he voted more socialist." 

"Wait, he voted for Larry David's doppelganger? Weird.."

Chloe gave him an "are you serious" kind of look, "I'm a fashion blogger. I'm wearing a unicorn shoes. You really think politics is my go too?"

She is wearing pastel pink skinny jeans, a white crop penny tee that says "girl power" in a 60s style font and unicorn sneakers. Lewis is wearing something way more casual. Jeans, green plaid shirt and black sneakers. Simple... They're such a weird couple. Then again my boyfriend's name is Haynes. 

"

"Are you guys heading home to change or?" Haynes questioned. 

Haynes describes his bosses party as a semi-formal. With the ladies looking way more classy because of a more sexist comment, but I'm letting it slide.. I mean he is Haynes' boss and wasn't too offensive. 

"Eliza picked up a dress for me and Lewis looks fine." 

"You should probably put on some slacks, jeans aren't really semi-formal. I'll just give you a pair." He said to Lewis. 

Lewis shrugged. We ate breakfast and literally just watched tv until it was time to get ready. My dress is this dark green skater dress with a tiny gold belt, maroon heels and rose earring. Chloe's dress is this one shoulder part multi colored draped and other part black mini dress, black heels with a tropical add on to the front and a gold bracelet with colorful tassels. With a little bit of make up, Chloe and I were ready to head out. We waited in my living for what felt like an hour, turns out it was an hour.