29

Haynes' POV

After I dropped off Eliza and made her feel better, I drove off to work. The only thing that sucks about living in Eliza's apartment, is that it's so far away from the hospital. LA traffic is not fun. Eventually I got to work and hurried in. I'm a little late. My boss, Roger looked at me, waiting for my excuse. 

"Traffic." I replied.

"Don't you live like 5 minutes away?" He asked.

I shook my head, "Moved in with my girlfriend."

He just shook his head and went back to this office. I sighed and went to the front desk. I was asking if there was anyone I had to see. The lady at the desk told me I was on ER duty with Bethany. Bethany is so annoying. ER duty sucks. Bethany is a know-it-all and she's always trying to be the boos even when I'm put in charge. I hurried down to the ER, where Bethany was waiting for me. She had a cup of coffee in her hand. 

I walked up to her, "What none for me?" 

"If you were here on time, then you would have one."

I smiled sarcastically. Bethany was wearing tan skinny jeans, a white shirt with a black Peter Pan collar, small gold hoop earrings and tan ankle boots. She has long blonde hair and bright blue eyes. We got to work. So many people with small injuries that they could've been saved at home. They rather pay a shit ton of money to be certain. My next patient was Eliza's co worker, Donnie. When I walked in and looked at his chart, he just gave me a weird look. 

"Your chart says that you have a lot of alcohol in your system and your face says that you got the shit kicked out of you." I pointed out. 

"Both correct. I see you're a doctor again."

I nodded, "But this isn't about me."

"Could you tell us what happened?" Bethany asked.

"I'm trying to break up with this crazy girl and she's literally insane."

"Oh yeah, Eliza was telling me about that."

"Wait, you know this guy?"

I nodded, "Girlfriend's co worker." 

She didn't stay anything, but I noticed she was angrier than usual. I wasn't going to point it out. Bethany is weird, she's like every other white girl. Always drinking Starbucks, being annoying as hell and so on. 

"So, are you gonna let me go now or what?" Donnie asked.

"We should do a few more tests before you go." I replied.

"Then you tell Eliza what happened."

"Come back tomorrow and ask for me. Just stay away from that girl."

"She's in my apartment."

"Get a hotel or stay at the studio. That's not my problem."

"You're kind of a dick, Haynes."

"You could always stay here to make sure you don't die." I replied.

He shook his head. I let him go, Bethany was pissed at me for that. Eventually we got a break. Bethany and I went to the cafe. We got our lunch and took a seat. She was looking at her phone for most of it. 

"What did I do now? Was it because I quit and then I came back to my old job?"

"Your girlfriend seems crazy."

"You never met my girlfriend." I pointed out.

"I don't have to meet someone to know that they're crazy."

"You know, what? I have a feeling you hate me because I didn't want to date you." 

"That's stupid."

"Is it really? Before you were so sweet to me and ever since I said no to you, you've been such a bitch." 

"You ar-"

"What? What am I? I've probably already heard it before. Look. I'm happy with Eliza, okay? Just suck it up and go outside more." Was that too harsh?

She got up and walked away. I heard her mutter something about hating this job. It's not my fault, if you're gonna be rude, then I'll point it out. I could easily be rude back. I finished eating then went back to work. It was tense between Bethany and I, but I can't say I'm surprised. I was so happy when I finished work. I went straight home to see Eliza. Look she may be crazy, but she's crazy for me and that's how I like it. For once, I actually care about someone.