22

Haynes and I didn't get any sleep. Since we were up when bird were chirping, I decided to set up an appointment with my dad's lawyer. He said that he could meet me noon at his office. Haynes got up and went into the kitchen, he's making breakfast. At least we got further in all this funeral planning.

I walked into the kitchen. "You wanna meet up with Pete after the appointment?"

Haynes shrugged, "Yeah sure."

"Oh wait, but I promised the band and Donnie I would be there today."

"We can just stop for coffee afterwards. Have a small lunch." Haynes added.

I smiled and went into my room to change. I changed into black ripped skinny jeans, an oversized brownish sweater and white converse. I walked back into the kitchen, where breakfast was already served. Haynes look at me and smiled.

"You make the ugliest things look perfect."

"Ugly? You think this outfit is ugly?" I asked.

"Just the sweater. But like I said, you make it look perfect. If any girl wore that around me, I'd have to leave."

I rolled my eyes, "You're running a thin line between compliment and insult."

He smiled, "Breakfast is getting cold. We also have to head out soon."

Haynes finished before me and got changed. He changed into grey jeans, a black and white stripped shirt with a red beanie and red converse. Once I finished, we headed out. Off to my dad's lawyer's office to hear the last thoughts of my dad. That's crazy. I'm eager to hear what it says, but I'm also scared.

We're sitting in Haynes' car as he's driving. The traffic was actually really nice considering the fact that we're in LA. We made it to the lawyer's office in no time. Haynes was about to get out, but he noticed how anxious I was. He shut his door and put his arm around me.

"I know you're nervous and I know this is scary, but imagine how much better you'll feel once we're done." His words were comforting, but not enough to calm me down

"I would go to my dad whenever I felt like this and now I have the hear his finale words from someone else."

"You can't back down now. I understand this is difficult, but know that no matter what your dad will always love you. I'm not a religious perfect, but i know he's looking down at you and is amazed that you're so well."

"No one should love a life without their parents. First my mom leaves me and now my dad did too."

Haynes shook his head, "You're mom had the choice to stay or leave, but he didn't. He was forced to go and it's hard to accept that. You can't compare him to your mom."

I took a deep breath, I knew if I stayed in that car any longer I was burst into tears. I got out of Haynes' car and so did he. He took my hand and we walked into the lawyer's office. I don't know what awaits me in this office and I'm scared to know what it is.