27

Eliza's POV

Eventually I got up. I've been asleep for too long, I slept until 1:30 pm. I have to tell Haynes to make sure I'm up before noon. Speaking of Haynes, I have to talk to him, figure out why he got into bed so late. It was almost 3 am when he got home. I was still up, on my phone, online shopping. What was he doing out so late? Why didn't he call? 

I got out bed and changed into black skinny jeans, a white stars muscle tee with maroon ankles boots and a pink and black floral watch. I took my phone off my charge and walked into the kitchen. Haynes wasn't there. He wasn't in the living room either. Or the bathrooms or guest room. I wonder where he went. Probably avoiding the conversation we're suppose to be having. 

I opened the fidge to get a snack and saw a stack of pancakes that had a note taped on it. It was was Haynes. It said that he had to go out. That his job needed him asap and he'll call when he gets a break. Okay? Weird. Chloe said that he was jobless, maybe he did get a new one last night. 

I grabbed the pancakes and sat on my couch. Half way through eating the pancakes I get a call from Haynes. I eagerly picked up. 

"Hey, you're up." He sounded happy. 

"Yeah, how's work?"

"Pretty good. Nothing new."

"Cool. So-"

"I promise we'll talk when I get home. I have to get back to work." He hung up. 

I went back to my pancakes. I wonder where he's working. I guess I'll find out later when he gets home. He seems to be keeping it a secret, which is weird. Unless he's selling drugs or something. I finished my pancakes and laid down on my couch. Maybe I could get in a nap, that's be nice. I just been so tired lately. Plus the studio isn't opened today, so that's nice. I don't have to worry about any awkward encounters from Donnie. I'm still processing that. 

After a few hours of sleeping, I woke up from my phone ringing. I reached for my phone and answered it. To my surprise it was Andy. I sat up and cleared my mind. 

"I finished up the rest of funeral things, it's in 2 days, you ready for it?"

"Yeah." A lie by yours truly. 

"Cool, uh I'll see you then." 

"Wait, do you want to hang out?"

"Sorry, I'm working. I'll see you on Friday." He hung up.

I sighed and stared at my phone. I don't want to be stuck inside, I need to keep my mind off things. I called Chloe to see if she was busy. She was, so was Lewis, Haynes, the band members, Sam and Sabrina. So I called Gracie. She just got out of school and she asked if I could pick her up. I agreed and left. I got to the school and waited a bit. Gracie said she had to get something from her locker. I was playing on my phone when I looked up. I saw Gracie kissing some guy. When she finished, I quickly pretended like I wasn't looking. She got into my car. She was wearing a red plaid shirt with black jeans, a fuzzy ball that had cat ears on it chained her to her belt loop and maroon boots. 

"So, what do you want to do?" Gracie asked.

"Go to the mall. Pick out some funeral outfits. It's in 2 days after all."

"Friday, huh? Sounds scary." 

I nodded, "I still don't know how to feel."

"Neither do I. I know I wasn't the closet to your dad, but he still treated me like family. It's just weird. Feels like I'm missing something." 

"Yeah. Now lets fill that empty void with shopping." 

Gracie smiled and we left. When we got to the mall, we first went to the food court. I was treating her to lunch. As we were eating, I noticed Gracie's eye lit up. She was staring at someone from across the room. I looked behind me and saw that same brown hair and brown eyes guy that she was kissing. I turned back around and looked at her with a smirk. 

"He's new."

She smiled and slightly shook her head, "He's cute."

"Yeah, he is. Saw you two kissing."

"Of course you did." 

"What's his name?" I asked.

"Elliot." 

"Cute name."

She nodded.

"Wanna introduce me?"

"No, we're not officially dating."

"Well, what's the story?"

"He dumped the popular girl who hates me for me." 

"Oh, better be careful." I pointed out.

She nodded, "I know. Danika is a bitch."

We finished eating and began to show. We were shopping for the funeral. New outfits, accessories, really anything that got my mind off how sad it actually is. In all honesty at this point it's either shopping or sleeping to keep myself busy. Deep down I know it's not good, but it's all I can control. 

After shopping, I dropped off Gracie at home, then went home. It was 8pm when I got home and Haynes still wasn't there. That night, my apartment felt like the old me. When I was single and didn't really have to worry about anything. Every day when I got home from a night out or work, my apartment felt empty. Like something was missing. That's exactly how it feels right now. The couch had a blanket and pillow on it, with a plate of crumbs, kind of like when I was single. There was only one mug in the sink. When I went into my room, it was just my clothes lying around. I didn't bother to make my bed, like I ever do. Haynes always made the bed. His stuff is still here, so that must be a good sign. 

I shrugged, took off my shoes, grabbed my laptop and sat on my bed. I decided to do some more online shopping just to keep busy. Eventually Haynes got home and I got out of bed and walked into the kitchen. Haynes was looking in fridge. He took out ingredients to make a chicken dinner. He was wearing red jeans with a grey shirt and white converse. 

"How was work?" I asked sitting down.

He shrugged, "Nothing too exciting."

"Chloe told me that you quit the art job."

He seemed shocked and lost with words. 

"It's okay, I just want to know where you work now."

"I got my old job from the hospital back. I don't like being unemployed and I didn't want to be the free loading boyfriend."

I looked at him, "Are you happy there?"

"I was always happy working there, it just too hard somethings."

"So, how was today?"

"No one died, it was a great day." 

I smiled, "Well, that's good."

"How was your day off?"

"I picked Gracie up from school and we went shopping." 

"Did you buy me anything?" He was joking around.

"Sorry, but no. Guess I don't win girlfriend of the year award."

"Darn, I had a party planned for when you won."

"I mean, a party is a party. So, we could still have it."

He smiled. We continued to joke around as he was cooking. After dinner, we watched a movie then went to bed. It was a nice way to end the night. One more day until the funeral.