34

Haynes' POV

I got up extra early today. I didn't make breakfast, I just wanted to get today over with. I had a plan and I'm not sure if I'm going to follow through with it. I got changed and left. I drove to Eliza's studio and just sat in the parking lot, thinking. I chickened out of my plan and went off to work. When I clocked in, I was pulled right into my boss's office. He seemed to be very excited.

"Haynes! Guess who's birthday party is this weekend?"

I smiled, "your's sir?"

My boss throws the best parties. And every year on his birthday, he throws this sick office party. I love it so much. I've always had the most fun at them. And this year I actually get to bring a date instead of leaving with some girl. Wow, so much has changed and I didn't even realize.

"Of course! I can't wait to meet your girlfriend."

"She's awesome."

"That's great! Now go out there and save some live!"

My boss is great. He's always so upbeat and happy. I want to be him when I'm like in my late 40s. I want to be as happy as him. I walked over to the receptionist desk and checked where I working and who with. Once again, the ER with Bethany. Jeez, I love my boss, but he's really killing me.

I went to the ER and there was Bethany, waiting for me. She was wearing a grey shirt with a Peter Pan collar, tan pants and dark tan ankle boots. I jut rolled my eyes and we got to work. I was walking faster than usual. Didn't want her to keep up. I know childish, but do you know me to be any other way? 

"Going to the office party?" She questioned.

I nodded.

"Well, I'm taking my boyfriend, I had a boyfriend."

I grabbed a file from the desk, "that's great, I didn't ask." We continued to walk.

"I'm just saying."

"Okay," I pulled the one current opened a little for her, "ladies first."

I'm still a gentleman. I looked at the kid lying in the hospital bed. It was a gory sight. His arm was gashed opened, Bethany and I did not react at all. We see this stuff all the time. Kind of repealed from it.

"How'd this happen?" I asked.

"I was in wood shop class and the drill spazzed or something." The kid replied.

"We'll stitch you right up, give you some pain killers and you'll be good to go." I added.

Bethany stitched him up. We left his room and she looked at me. I didn't react.

"What was that?"

"Nothing, just doing my job."

"No. That was you being cold and kind of rude."

"Kind of like you?" I smiled a little, "I'm kidding, I just have somethings on my mind."

"About me?"

"Not everything is about you. It honestly shouldn't matter to you."

"Ohhh. Trouble in paradise?" She questioned with an annoying know-it-all tone.

"Actually no. Just some guy that's been giving me issues." Just as I said that I saw Eddie walk in.

He was holding his hand, which seemed to be bloody. I saw nurses run up to him, but I stopped them. I took him into a private room.

"Okay, it's either a fake wound or you just confirmed that I am the smartest brother and you just injuries yourself to see me."

"It was an accident. I was dealing with a messy divorce and was stabbed with a pen." He added.