18

Eliza's POV

What am I suppose to do today? How am I suppose to feel? Like I know I should be sad, but I just feel nothing. I haven't cried once since I found out. I don't know if that's healthy or not. And Haynes hasn't really left my side. I like that he cares, but I think I should have some time to myself. Luckily he's at work right, so I don't feel suffocated. I've been out of bed since Haynes was up. He said I shouldn't be in bed all day and I can't be because I am going into work today. But I also get what he means, it's a sign of depression. 

Today I'm wearing light pink skinny jeans with a black and red plaid button down shirt, white converse and a black bead bracelet. I promised Haynes I would wait until he got back from work to go to the studio. I really hope he knows the studio is walking distance from my apartment. I'll be okay if I walk there by myself. In fact, it's stupid to wait, might as well get some work done. So, I left. I went to the studio. I left him a note saying where I went and for him just to meet me there. I don't care if he gets upset. I'm an adult. 

I walked into the studio and went to Donnie's office, he wasn't there, so he must be in the studio itself. I shrugged and walked in. He was in with the band from yesterday, side note I still need to know their name, but he looked at me and muted the band. He looked really confused. Makes sense, didn't tell him I was coming in. Donnie's wearing black jeans with a white Superman shirt, black doc martins and a black watch. 

"Why aren't you home?" He asked.

"I don't have the flu, I'm good to work." I added.

"If I had a relationship with my dad like you did with yours, I wouldn't leave my house."

"Well, when you're living with an ex doctor, it's kind of hard to do that," I added, "By the way, Haynes is coming down after work."

"Of course he is."

I just ignored that statement. I honestly don't know why Donnie felt the urge to say that. I also don't understand why he doesn't like Haynes. It just makes no sense. But I shouldn't be worrying about that, I should be worrying about these funeral plans. Like how does one plan their own dad's funeral? I wish I knew who my mom was, I bet she'd know what to do. Or wouldn't? I don't know, she left when I was a baby. 

A few hours went by and the band was sounding better and better as the minutes passed. I finally got their name too, American Wasted. That's a pretty cool name. I asked them to play some of their sad songs. Two reasons for that, all albums need some sad songs and I want to get a feel of their sadder stuff. Just for my dad. Because I want the band to be perfect for this. The casket, the food, the scenery does not matter. All that matters is a good band. Haynes finally showed up. He didn't look upset at all, which is good. Haynes is wearing black jeans with red converse, a red Chicago basketball jersey and a black beanie. We kissed. 

"There are children here, a little less PDA." Donnie sounded really annoyed.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you by pecking my girlfriend on the lips, who just happened to lose her dad." Damn Haynes, chill.

"That jersey makes you an asshole." I giggled a little.

"It's not even mine, I can't remember who I might've stolen it from." He added. 

The band stopped playing, so that Amber and Derrick could say hi to their brother, Haynes, which is something already went over.

"Why are you wearing Charles' jersey?" Derrick asked.

"I have no idea why, I don't even like Chicago." Haynes added. 

 As they were catching up, I pulled Donnie out of the room. I just looked at him, annoyed. 

"What?" He asked.

"I don't know what you're problem is with Haynes, but keep it to yourself." Oh come on, you'd be pissed too. 

"I don't have a pro-"

"Shut up, yes you do. It's obvious. Stop being a dick," I added, "You're 30 years old older than all of us, start acting your age." 

He just rolled his eyes and walked back in. I followed. Haynes looked at me. It was a look that was like, "hey, what just happened, you okay?" I just shook my head and rolled my eyes. I really don't know why Donnie has to act younger than all of us. It's so frustrating. So, as the day when on we got a lot done. I asked American Wasted to preform at the funeral and they were more than happy to. Bentley didn't seem so into it, but who cares what he thinks. Eventually we called it a night and Haynes and I went home. Chloe texted me a lot, saying how she wanted to catch up and make sure I'm okay. I just told her to come over. Haynes will gladly make us something to eat and we will just talk for hours. Like old times.