19

When Chloe showed up it just like high school all over again. Whenever I went through a hard time, she would always be there for me. And that has never changed. I guess that's one of the main reasons why she's my best friend. Chloe showed up in her sushi pajamas and bright pink slipper boots. Before she came over, changed into my Peanuts Linus pjs and grey dinosaur socks. Haynes just put on black sweatpants and black pizza socks. Shirtless Haynes makes everything better.

Haynes decided to make us a few snacks. I'll be honest, Chloe and I probably aren't sleeping tonight. We're probably just going to put on some crappy movie and just talk all night. Also tonight, I don't really care is Haynes stays in or goes out. I already mentioned that to him. But as always, all he says is "I want to be there for you." And I'm okay with that, I just want him to feel like he has freedom. What happened to me sucks and I get why he would want to be by my side, but I also feel like he's not going to want a thing to do with me after spending all this time with me.

"So, how you holding?" Chloe asked.

"I don't know. I want to cry, but I can't."

She hugged me, "You can't force yourself to do something like that. Just let it come natural."

I nodded.

"So, what movie should we watch?"

"Any horribly unrealistic chick flick." I added.

"Oh, so your whole relationship with Haynes?" She questioned.

I rolled my eyes and we both laughed. Haynes brought out some snacks and his phone went off. He went into the other room to take it. I know what you're thinking, why is this phone call so important? Just trust me it is.

Chloe put in a random movie and we didn't talk about my dad. This is what happens when we have a sleepover, we completely avoid the thing we have to talk about until we both feel ready.

"Do you miss Haynes being a doctor?" She asked.

I shrugged, "Not really, he doesn't work crazy hours anymore. And it's like he's never working at his new job."

"That's cause he isn't." Chloe realized what she said and cover her mouth, completely regretting what she just said.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing, nothing at all. Not my place to talk about it." She added.

I let it go, but now I have to have another serious conversation with Haynes. I don't know why he likes to keep secrets from me that turn out to be huge deals. Haynes walked into the living with a big smile on his face. I pretended like I didn't just hear what Chloe said. I'll worry about that later.

"Do you mind if I head out for a bit?" Haynes questioned happily.

I looked at him a bit confused, "Uh, sure?"

"My best friend from med is in town for a bit, we're going to catch up at a bar."

I smiled, "Of course! Go for it. Just don't get shit faced."

"Oooo, that's a promise I don't think I can make."

"Why?" I asked slowly.

"His nickname in school was Party Pete."

"Okay, just be safe. Call a Lyft!" I said as he went into my room.

A few minutes later, Haynes came out wearing blue knee ripped jeans with a grey shirt that says Pokemon Trainer on it, a grey beanie and black converse. He smile and left. I turned to Chloe and we both laughed.

"Are you aware your boyfriend looks like a college kid?"

I nodded, "That's the thing about him. He can look 21 in something like that, but the second he puts on a suit he's a 30 year old man."