21

As I was waiting for Lewis, I started working on the funeral. I knew I wouldn't get far, it's really hard for me to do this alone. I tried to call Chloe, but Lewis told me that she was passed out. I get it, we had a busy day.

Eventually Lewis should up. He didn't look too great. He was wearing black jeans with a maroon baseball shirt and brown shoes. I mean his outfit was nice, but he just looked awful. I looked at him confused and he noticed.

"What?"

"You don't look too great." I said kind of sounding like a dumb blonde.

He nodded, "Yeah, I have a cold."

"Dude, you didn't have to come over."

He shook his head, "You won't get sick, I'm not contagious and plus you can't do this all by yourself."

"Good point."

"Chloe told me that she invited everyone, so what else do we do to do?"

"Organize it. I already have the band, the caterer, just need to pick out a coffin, get decorations, a priest and what ever else we need for a funeral."

"You sure your dad would want to be bury in a church?" Lewis looked at me like I was crazy.

"See, I can't do this by myself."

"Well, what does his will say?"

"What?"

"His will? You know, the thing where you get things from the decease and what not."

I put my hands over my face, I face palmed myself, "I forgot to set up that appointment."

"You should probably do that before we do anything else."

Lewis is right, but truth be told, I'm scared. His will is like the last train of thought I get from him. I just don't know if I'm ready. But no matter what, I'm gonna have to be. I just can't stand it.

"Do you want me to go with?" Lewis questioned.

"I'm sure it will be on a school day, I can Haynes go with me." I really just don't want to be a bother to Lewis.

He smiled, "Okay, but if you need me, just give me a call."

I nodded. Just then, Haynes woke up. He walked into the kitchen got himself a bowl of cereal and sat next to me on the couch. He look exhausted and did not say anything. Lewis and I just ignored it and went back to work.

"By the way, who did get for the caterer?" Lewis asked.

"Oh, uh, just some guy." I replied.

I might have got someone who wasn't great friends with Lewis in high school. In fact they hated each other... I'm pretty sure they still do.

"Did you hire Tom?"

"Whaaaaatttttt? Noooo." I tried to play it off cool.

He rolled his eyes and look a little mad, "Why him? He's such an asshole? You tried to get with Chlo and you."

I saw from the corner of my eye Haynes perk up. It was actually kind of funny.

"He's a jerk, a pi-"

"But he's the only person who will do it for a super cheap price. I can't get anyone else." I interrupted Lewis.

"I agree with Lewis, this guy sounds like an asshole."

I rolled my eyes, "Alright, I'll have Chloe help me later. You can go now."

Lewis shrugged and left. I felt kind of bad for kicking him out, but I also just didn't want to deal with it.

"Who's Tom?"

"Lewis' young brother."

"Wait he has a brother?"

"Well, 3 brothers and 5 sisters. Tom and Lewis are the only 2 with the same dad." I added.

"Seriously? What's so bad about Tom besides being a jerk and a pig?"

I shrugged, "He doesn't talk about it. Let's just say Tom has done some bad things in high school. But they hated each other since they were younger."

"Who's the oldest?"

"Lewis. After his dad left, he kind of took over the responsibility of being the man of the house."

"That sucks."

I nodded. Haynes decided to help me out with the planning. He's good at that type of stuff. I also talked to him about going to the will appointment with me. He agreed to it, he did say that he wouldn't leave my side.