39

Edgar, Kai and I just decided to watch RomComs from the 90s, aka my childhood. I actually always hated these type of movies as a kid, but when I became a teenage, I lived and breathed them. It was probably all because of Chloe. I mean, you've met her. She is the equivalent of a 90s RomCom. Haynes got home and just starred at us. He didn't seem annoyed or anything like that. Just starred at us.

"Haynes, you're a cute and rich boy, but my heart is sold to Kai." Edgar smiled and winked at my boyfriend.

"Is that the new 'take a picture, it'll last longer?"

He shrugged, "kind of, it's like the gay way."

Edgar and I high five, which made Haynes curious. He continued to stare. but with a more curious look. I kind of put it together that he was confused by the high five.

"Sometimes Edgar and I high five when one of us say something kind of clever or just funny." I shrugged.

"Ah, okay. Why didn't you high five when he turned an insult into a compliment?"

"Gay way just rhymed."

"And I wasn't insulting you." Edgar added.

"I'm a genius, you were."

"How high is you I.Q.?" He questioned.

"Too high for you to count."

"OOOOHHHH!!" Kai and I yelled at the same time.

"Didn't know cute rich white boys could be so savage."

Haynes put on a smug look and just shrugged. He can be such a dick.. No wonder why he gets along so well with Tweedle gay and Tweedle gayer. By the way, that's not homophobic, they literally call each other that. They'd be more offended if I called them Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Haynes walked into the kitchen and poured himself a bowl of cereal. Edgar looked offended, yet proud. But hey, I got Haynes' back because that was awesome. Kai might also have his back.

"Hey, you guys should go shopping and pick out a cute new outfit for this office party."

"Okay, don't stereotype gays. Not all of us like to go shopping." Edgar pointed out.

"I wasn't, first, I have a gay brother who isn't the whole shopping type and second I was just inviting you to the party, plus I have work tomorrow, I don't want Eliza to shop alone. Might as well go with some friends."

There's starting to be tension growing between Edgar and Haynes. I should try and defuse it, but how? If you haven't noticed, I'm not great at defusing shit. I'm actually really bad at making peace. Example one, Donnie. I said that with a big sarcastic smile by the way.

"The mall is still open, why don't we head out now?" Kai suggested.

Thank god for Kai! I love him. He's a life saver.

"Great idea. That way I could actually go to work and not piss off my co-worker tomorrow." I added and dragged the two out. We got into Edgar's car and drove off. I couldn't hep think about the tension between Edgar and Haynes. It was kind of uncomfortable. I know not all my friends are going to love Haynes as much as I do... I hope they won't, but I still want them to like him. Even if it's just a tiny bit.

I was sitting in the back seat, texting Haynes. Asking how he felt about Edgar. He asked if I wanted the truth, which is obviously never good. As much as I want my friends to like my boyfriend, I want my boyfriend to like my friends just as much. But he told me the truth. He said that he didn't care for Edgar. Which really frickin sucked. He didn't hate him, he just didn't care for him. Somehow that's way worse.