26

Haynes' POV

After I dropped off Eliza, I didn't go back to the apartment. I had somethings I had to do. A few days ago I got a letter in the mail. It was from my lawyer, my brother Eddie. Jesus Christ, why doesn't he just sent a text like everyone else? He wanted to meet like a while ago, I've been avoiding. I think today is a perfect day to show up to his law firm unexpected. 

So, I drove to where he works and just walked in. No one stopped me, I don't know why. I sure as Hell don't look too professional. I took the elevator to the fourth floor and hopped out when I got there. I should've stopped for coffee first. Anyways, with a smirk on my face and I completely ignored the secretary, who was shouting across the room as I walked away. And walked into my brother's office. Little did I know that he was in a meeting. There was a little boy and what looked like his mother, who was crying hysterically sitting there. With a smile, I just slowly shut his door. 

Because I'm an asshole, I opened the door real quick and said, "Hey! you're secretary wanted to tell you that when you're done, you have a meeting a meeting with your younger, way more attractive brother Haynes." I smiled and shut the door. I'm just giving some brotherly love. 

An hour later, the mother and son walked out. The women gave me a dirty look as she was wiping her tears. I felt bad, but I also didn't. I mean, come on, it was kind of funny. I got up and walked in. I took a seat. Eddie just looked so pissed. I shrugged and picked up an unfinished rubix cube from his desk and proceeded to play with it. 

"I can't believe you did that." He said.

"I can't believe that you can't believe that I did that." I replied stilling playing with the cube.

He rolled his eyes.

"What did you want to talk about?" 

"Your roommate."

"Eliza?" 

"Don't play dumb."

"I thought we agreed on not talking about that." 

"His parents never knew about him. They came to town this week to visit him and shocked when they found out. You were suppose to tell them."

"How was I going to tell Jared's parents about that?"

"I would've, but I didn't know about until way later."

I can't believe this is happening right now. 

"I know it's hard, but the least you could've done was say somet-"

"Say something? How do I tell his parents that?"

"You knew what happened and right now you are the only person who knows the full truth." 

"I don't know the full truth. I was out on a date with Samantha."

"But you saw him when you got home." 

"I rather not relive that. It was a year ago, can't we all just forget about it?" I asked. I was having a bit of a panic attack. I was trying to hide it as best as I could. 

"You can either tell me everything that you know so I can tell his parents or you can tell his parents." 

"I- I have to go." I put the finished rubix cube on his desk and left. 

I was starting a new life. I was set free from that nightmare. And my brother had to pull me back in. I know I have to stop running and just face it. But it's just so hard to accept it. It was always so easy to run away from it. 

I decided to get my mind off it and to the hospital that I use to work at. I was welcomed in by everyone. My ex co workers and boss were so happy to see me. Actually my ex boss dragged me into his office. I was confused, but it couldn't have been bad. 

"Please take your job back. You know you were the best."

"Thank god, I don't have to beg for it." I replied. 

"Why'd you quit in the first place?"

"You know how much art is my passion, I thought I could get a career in that. It's a lot harder than you would think. I was working for free at some underground art place. I had to quit, I needed to pay rent for my girlfriend. I've been searching for work, but just couldn't find anything. And now I'm here."

"I had to fire 2 replacements. I'm so happy your back. Could you start now?"

I nodded, "Need something to get my mind off my life for a bit."

I'll tell Eliza about this tomorrow. I'm sure she'll be happy in whatever I chose to do. I worked for hours and at 2 am, I left. I didn't realize how late it was. The curse of being a doctor. I quietly walked into the apartemant and went into Eliza's room. Our room? Pretty sure it's our room. Anyways I noticed Eliza was passed out. She's up until 4 am on her phone. It was weird to see her sleeping. She must've had a rough day. But I got into bed and started to fall asleep.

"We'll talk about why you're getting into bed so late later." Eliza said. 

"Right." I said quietly under my breath. 

I knew I wasn't in the clear. I eventually fell asleep. Here's hoping tomorrow isn't a bad day.