30

Today is the day of the funeral. I've been prepping for this since he died. Me, a 24 year old girl is going to her dad's funeral that she mostly did on her own. So many things have happened since then. Haynes got his job at the hospital back, I met my long lost brother, Donnie kissed me, I signed a band, I'm keeping the whole Donnie kissed me thing a secret to myself and Haynes. See, a lot of things. But screw all that, today is a day where we honor someone who we lost. Someone close to me. My dad. He was awesome and still is. Dead or alive. God, this is so weird to talk about.

One second he was here and the next I was planning this funeral. It's so weird to think about. Anyone in this room could be gone by tomorrow. I could lose my best friend, my co-worker, my boyfriend. Life really does seem too short. Gracie, Lewis, Chloe and I were the first ones here along with Sam, Sabrina and the caterer, Tom. Lewis and Tom were giving each other dirty looks. I told Lewis to be mature for once.

The reason why Haynes isn't here is because he had an early shift at the hospital. He had to go, it was an emergency. I said as long as he shows up, it wouldn't be an issue. I can't tell you how bad he feels. I had to keep telling him that it would be okay. Save someone's life.

I was wearing a black sleeveless dress with a lace collar, black sneaker wedges and a silver with black gem moon necklace. Gracie was wearing a black sleeveless dress with gold spikes on the Peter Pan Collar, black boots with gold spikes outlining it, a black lace cuff, black and gold nail polish, bright red lipstick and a perfect wing eyeliner. Chloe was wearing a black blouse with a pleaded black skirt, cat flats, black lipstick, black eye shadow, a Gothic star and black rose necklace and blackheart Pentagram earnings. Lewis was wearing black jeans with a black t-shirt, a green and gold necklace and black sneakers. Sam was wearing a black button down shirt with black pants and black boots. Sabrina was wearing a black and blue ombre dress with black and blue heels, an angel wing bracelet and black earrings that says, "game over." Tom was wearing a grey and black button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up, black pants, maroon and black shoes, a black ring and a cross necklace.

"Cute earrings, Sabrina." I pointed out.

She smiled, "Just trying to lighten things up."

"My dad would've wore that shirt that said I didn't want to come. He would've loved those earrings for a funeral." I replied.

I noticed Lewis and Tom still being childish. I pulled Lewis by the collar of his shirt over to Tom, who was setting up. I let out a big sigh.

"I get it, you two can't stand each other and I knew I would have to deal with this problem. Just grow up, the both of you."

Lewis shook his head, "The things he has done."

"I got help. I got court mandated anger issues classes, I fucked up, but I've changed." Tom added.

"You could never change."

"I've been eight months sober, I'm married with a daughter on the way, I found God, I have apologized to everyone who I have wrong." He replied.

Lewis just shook his head and left. He looked really distraught. I looked at Tom and shrugged. How could I help this situation? What could I say to make Lewis change his mind? Nothing. He hates Tom. Granted he has reasons too, but I'll be honest, I thought getting them together like this would have them forgive each other. Tom already looks like he wants to. I just wish Lewis would let him back in his life. It just kind of sucks.

Gracie walked up to me. It's hard to explain her facial expression, but in away she looked caring and forgiven. Words that I never thought would ever describe her. She didn't say anything, just hugged me tightly. I hugged her back. I knew she wanted to cry but was holding it back.