36

Flashback: Samantha's POV
Finally a real date with Haynes. Lately we've been just hanging out in his apartment with his friends. I don't know why, but lately we haven't been on actual dates. The first few months were great, felt like an actual relationship, then I don't know what happened. He just stopped trying as hard. Like he got bored of me. But he stills says "I love you" and kisses and makes an effort to see me every day. That's why I'm really excited for this date. I can finally get to the bottom of all this. Find out why he's so lazy.

I changed into a slim fitting light pink metallic stitch dress, light pink earrings and a darker pink pair of pumps. I know it's a lot of pink, but it's not too much. It looks nice is what I'm saying. I grabbed my keys and left. I really hope Haynes asks me to move in with him and we could finally get our own apartment. No offense, but his roommate, Jarred is kind of weird. I don't know what it is, but it's weird. He never does anything, always in his room probably doing nothing. He probably smokes pot and studies. He just seems like that type of guy.

I have so much to say about Jarred and I barely even know him... Is that bad? Like I don't mean to sound mean, but I wish Haynes would realize how useless he is and just kick him out already. When I see it's usually him just coming out of his room to get food and going back to his room with no words. Just silence. One time I was waiting for Haynes in his living room, we were going to the movies, but that's irrelevant. Anyways. I was just sitting on his couch and Jarred walked out of his room. Stopped for 3 seconds to process me and then went into the kitchen. To give you a visual, he's pretty tall with black hair and dark brown eyes. He's usually wearing pjs. But more with this, I followed him into the kitchen.

"You're Haynes' roommate, right?" I had asked him.

He nodded.

"Cool. I'm his girlfriend, Samantha. What's your name?"

"Jarred." He replied, grabbed something out of the fridge and walked back into his room. 

That's exactly what happened. That was the first time I met him. Once Haynes came out, I asked him about Jarred and he just said that he was shy. Shy?? More like awkward.

But that's all I should rant about. I'm at Haynes' apartment door and I knocked. To my surprised, Jarred let me him. He was still wearing pjs. A pink shirt, black sweatpants and black slippers. Like I said, I barely know him, but I hate this kid.

"Hey look, we're matching." I said trying to make conversation.

He didn't say anything and just let me. He sat on the couch and was on his computer.

"Know when Haynes' will be ready?" I questioned. 

He shook his head, "he's in the shower, I wouldn't know."

I decided to sit next to him, I tried to lean in to see what he was writing. But he moved the laptop away from my view.

"You mind?"

"Well, this is the living room, you don't want people to see what you're doing, maybe uhhh go to your room."

"I pay rent, you don't. I'll do this wherever I want." He seemed a little mean.

"Well, at least you're talking and not just sitting in your room like a weirdo."

He sighed and looked at me, "I honestly don't get why Haynes likes you so much. You're just a spoiled little princess, who's probably using him for his money."

Ouch. Didn't know he could be so hurtful. What a dick. I can't wait to tell Haynes to drop him tonight. What relief for me.

Flashback: Haynes' POV
Once I got out of the shower, I changed into black pants, a grey button down shirt, a black bombers jacket, a watch and black dress shoes. I walked out and saw Samantha and Jarred both sitting on the couch. They both looked really pissed off. Before I asked what happened, I just should mention a few things about the two.