35

Haynes' POV

Today is the day. I talk to my ex roommate's parents. I'm not ready for it. I got out of bed early, I don't have to met them until noon, but I can't sleep in. Too much on my mind. I changed into dark blue jeans, black converse, black and grey t-shirt and a gold dog tag. The dog tag was a gift from Jarred. I feel as if I owe it to him. I have to give props to Eliza, she planned most of her dad's funeral. I couldn't even plan my roommate's funeral. He never got one and it was my fault. And it's not like anyone wanted to help except for Charles, who was all for it. However, the one time we tried to plan it, I noticed that Charles would end up being too depressed. I couldn't put him through that. And the reason why I'm not saying why Jarred and him were so close is because I don't know if I'm right. I just always assumed that they were best friends. I have a feeling I'm right after what he told me at the family reunion crap, but I don't want to be wrong.

I went into the kitchen made breakfast. Cooking really helps getting my mind of shit. I think it's because I have to concentrate on that one thing. I will however be perfectly honest, I didn't know it was going to take this long for his parents to find out. They must've been in town for something important. I really hate myself that I don't know why they're here. Anyways, as I was cooking breakfast, Eliza walked out looking so sexy. She's wearing black worn out Galaxy pants with a white harness bra, black choker and had gold high heels in her hand. And those heels are high. I just stared at her with my mouth wide open.

"Careful you're drooling." She pointed out.

I shook my head, "what?"

"My high school friend invited me to a club today. He's a promoter dude and there's a lot of bands wanting to be signed there."

"Um, when's this happening?"

"1pm." She didn't seem excited for it.

"Do you really have to wear something that sexy?"

She nodded, "yes, but don't worry, wearing a choker means that your taken."

"Who's this friend?"

"His name's Edgar and he's gay. I just met his boyfriend last night over Skype."

"Why do you get to have fun today?"

She looked at me like I was crazy, "I'm sorry but do you see the heels I have to wear? I have to wear those for about 10 hours with a smile on my face."

"That seems brutal."

"But are you sure you don't need me to go with you?"

I nodded, "you didn't know him. It would be weird to take my girlfriend to see my dead ex roommate's parents."

"Good point."

I finished making breakfast and Eliza and I ate together. It was really nice. Just me and her, nothing else. It was nice to just have a normal conversation. We were talking about movies and tv shows. How much more perfect could that get? It wasn't work, it wasn't personal issues, it was simple. I wish more things could be simple. We finished breakfast and that was about the time someone knocked on the door. I sighed and got up. The second I open that door, reality is reopened. And I have to deal with my problems, not run away like I usually do. I slowly opened it to reveal Charles. He was wearing dark brown pants with a white button down shirt, maroon shoes and metal shark tooth necklace.

"Try to relax, man." I said putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Easy for you to say."

He walked in and took a seat, I think he needed a few moments to himself. When he looked up, he noticed Eliza. She just smiled at him. He cocked his head, looking at her outfit, I'm not worried. Trust me, I got nothing to worry about.