Chapter 1

Rebecca's POV

*ring ring ring*

I was snapped back into reality by the classroom phone ringing.

“Hello, this is Mrs. Smith’s room, how may I help you?” My physics teacher said as she picked up the phone. “Yes… mhm… sure, I’ll send her down!” I looked up to see her eyes scanning the room. They locked on mine, and I heard Mrs. Smith call my name.

“Rebecca, the office just called and said you are excused for the rest of the day for your appointment. Don’t forget that we have a quiz next class over the material we have been covering this week.” She said, as I quickly gathered my things, pulled down my sleeves, and rushed to the door.

I felt my face go red as I accidentally ran into a lab table on my way out, and heard the whole class snigger. I absolutely hated having any sort of attention drawn to myself, so leaving the classroom early was always torture.

I quickly walked down the hall, down the stairs, and to the attendance office where I signed out. Then I got in my car and backed out, starting the familiar journey to the clinic.

I had just pulled out of the school parking lot when I realized that I didn’t have my phone, which I would normally have hooked up to my car to play my music. I muttered a few complaints before turning around and re-parking. I walked back into the school and began to search the path that I’d taken to get down to my car. I finally spotted my phone lying on a spare desk in the hall. Someone must have seen it on the floor and picked it up, how thoughtful.

Once again I walked through the parking lot and got in my car and pulled out. I arrived shortly after, with loads of time to spare before my therapist would call me in. I sat down in one of the uncomfortable waiting room chairs and plugged my headphones in, and decided to listen to a bit of Busted. I had zoned out once again, and was jolted back to real life from when my phone buzzed, signaling that I had a new text. I assumed it must be my mom, as she’s the only person that I ever text, but I was shocked when I looked at the screen.

1 New Message from Michael Clifford

“Hey love. x”

I was very confused. I racked my brain for any recognition of the name “Michael Clifford” until I realized that he was that popular boy with black and blue hair in the year above me. How does he have my number? Why is his name in my contacts? Why is he even texting me? Wait, did he call me love?

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of my phone buzzing again.

1 New Message from Michael Clifford

“Next time be more careful with where you leave your phone ;)x”

-Hey guys! This is my first fanfic, so I apologize if it’s horrible! I know this chapter was very uneventful, but I promise it’ll pick up soon! Please feel free to comment or vote or anything! Rebecca xx-