Chapter 16

After talking to Kirstin, and getting a few words out of the madly blushing Luke, we found out that the pair had spent pretty much every minute together since she arrived. Their personalities were very compatible, and judging by Luke's nervousness, he had developed a bit of a crush.

  The whole time we were talking, the only thing that was circling through my head was the fact that Michael had almost called me his girlfriend. I mean, we definitely acted like a couple, but we hadn't made anything official yet, and I had begun to wonder if we were ever going to do so.  

Calum notified us that it was time for lunch, so we all headed downstairs to the dining hall, Michael and I hand in hand as always. We hung back behind the others, and Luke kept looking back and grinning widely as he walked next to Kirstin.  

When we got to the dining hall, I told the others that I'd save a table whilst everyone else got food. To my surprise, Michael came back with two trays, placing one in front of me, and one in front of himself.   

"I'm not hungry Michael..." I muttered, hoping only he'd here.  

Michael gave me a disapproving look, that told me I'd have to at least take a few bites before he'd let me leave. I picked up my hamburger and slowly brought it to my mouth, biting off the tiniest amount possible. Michael seemed a bit less worried, but I could tell he still wasn't satisfied.  

"Why do you care if I eat or not?" I whispered to him when everyone else was deep in conversation.

  "Because I don't like to see you starving yourself like this. It makes me upset. Now, we know what happened last time this subject came up, so can we please not get into another argument? It made me angry last time...." His voice trailed off.  

I agreed, and went back to nibbling my burger.  

After lunch was finished, Luke alerted us that he and Kirstin were going to go back up to her room, gaining a few wolf whistles from Calum and Michael.

  "Not like that guys!" He exclaimed as they both blushed, "I'm just gonna help her finish unpacking and stuff!"  

"And stuff," Calum whispered a bit too loudly, causing himself to burst into laughter.  

Luke gave him an annoyed look, and wrapped his arm around Kirstin as they headed back upstairs.   "I hate being the only single one in this group!" Calum complained.  

"Relax man, all 5 of us are single at the moment!" Michael comforted him.  

"Wait, so you mean you haven't asked her yet?" Calum questioned.   "Calum shut up! She's right here!" Michael said, looking slightly embarrassed.  

I awkwardly fidgeted in my seat as the thought of Michael planning to ask me out spun around my head.  

"Um so anyways...." Michael said trying to break the newly formed tension.

 "Uh... We start classes and stuff tomorrow, right?" I said, trying to start conversation.  

"Yeah, we do. We should probably go get our schedules now!" Calum answered.  

"Sounds like a plan!" Michael said, gathering up our trash and tossing it in a bin as we made our way back to the office.   The never-ending line of kids waiting to check in had finally diminished, and we were able to walk right up to the desk.  

After obtaining our schedules, we all went back to Michael's room to compare them. I had private therapy Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, and group therapy on Tuesdays and Fridays, both of which I shared with Michael, and Friday therapy would be shared between the three of us. As for school classes, I didn't have any courses with the others, since I was a year younger, and I was absolutely terrified of being alone.  

Calum left Michael's room to go talk to a staff member about rearranging some of his classes, leaving Michael and I alone.   

As soon as the door shut, Michael crashed his lips onto mine. I could feel him smile into the kiss, and I knew I was doing the same.

  "Oh my God I thought he was never going to leave!" Michael exclaimed as we pulled back. I gave a slight giggle before leaning in for more.  

Seconds later Calum barged back through the door, causing Michael and I to separate instantly.

  "Geez I'm gone for like 2 minutes before realising that I left my phone and you two are already making out! Please try to tell me again that you two aren't dating?"  

"Calum shut up. And errr please don't tell anyone what you just saw?" Michael said with a nervous laugh.  

"Okay guys, but seriously man you need to ask her soon!"  

"Calum! Out!" Michael yelled, pushing him out the door.

  "Well, that was awkward...." I said, as Michael wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him.  

"At least it was just Calum," He said with a laugh. "Anyways, do you maybe wanna go on a walk with me after dinner tonight? I guess we can call it a date.. I mean we aren't allowed to leave the property, so it's the best I could come up with.." He asked nervously.  

"I'd love to! Sounds like fun!" I said with a smile, but on the inside I was absolutely freaking out. I couldn't believed that Michael had just asked me on a date, even if it was only to walk around the field, it would still be amazing, I could just tell.

  "Well, we better go try to find Luke and Kirstin," Michael said, as he led me out of his room.  

"Probably a good idea! Who knows what they're up to, though!" I said with a laugh.  

A/N I haven't updated in two weeks and I feel terrible! I'm so sorry, my laptop broke so I had to write this at school during English class whilst I was supposed to be typing my paper, but I owe you guys and update so here it is! Sorry that it sucks, it's kinda just a filler...

  Anyways, please comment telling me whether I should continue this story or not.. I'm not completely sure if I like it, and it's often really hard for me to write because it obviously deals with some very touchy subjects.. but please comment, vote, and share as always! Love yall so much! Rebecca :))