Chapter 34

Rebecca’s POV

*2 months later*

Michael and I’s relationship had been stronger than ever since I’d gotten back from Sydney. We virtually spent as much time possible with each other, whether that be going on dates or just lounging at one of our houses. He made me feel like a much better person, and I loved him for that.

I was beginning to get very sad, as the summer was quickly coming to an end, meaning I’d have to go back to school. Michael was able to complete the rest of his senior year online, so he had graduated and wouldn’t be joining me next year. 

We were sitting in the Clifford’s home  theater watching one of the Harry Potter movies, which I had managed to not only make Michael watch, but love, when he pulled me closer to him and cleared his throat.

“Um Rebecca, I have something to tell you.” He said, sounding rather nervous. I took a deep breath as all the worst possible scenarios ran though my head.

“Okay, so I know I should have told you this sooner, like right when I found out, but well… I’ve been accepted into university, on a full music scholarship.” Michael said, rather quickly.

“Michael! That’s amazing, I’m honestly so proud of you!" 

He gave me a weak half smile before leaning in to kiss me.

“There’s a catch, isn’t there?” I asked before his lips met mine.

His eyes filled with sadness as he continued leaning in. “It’s in Sydney,” he whispered, before closing the gap between us.

 I sat there, not kissing back, not reacting in any way. Michael seemed to notice as he pulled away rather quickly. 

“Oh,” was all I could say. I had just gotten him back, for what I had hoped was was good. But now, he was being pulled away from me once more, half way across the world. Again.

 My eyes filled with tears, and I concentrated on the ceiling trying to keep them from flowing out. Michael had seen me cry countless times, probably more than he should have, but I was determined to stay strong for him. What he had accomplished was amazing, it wasn’t every day that your boyfriend gets a full scholarship for something he loves doing. 

As much as I tried not to cry, the tears still came. Michael pulled me into his chest and rubbed my back, something that always calmed me down. He let me cry for a long time, until all the tears were gone. 

“Michael, I’m sorry. I’m honestly so proud of you. I’m just gonna miss you a lot…” I stated.

“I know baby, I’m gonna miss you too. But we’re gonna make this work, okay? Maybe once you graduate high school you can come live with me in Sydney or something?” 

I half-smiled at his idea, but suddenly turned it into a frown. “Um Mikey, when do you leave?”

He let out a huge sigh before continuing. “That’s the thing… I just found out today that I have to leave in 10 days…” 

My heart shattered. 10 days was not enough time to spend together before we would be separated for months on end. There was still so much we hadn’t done together that I wanted to do, and so much that I knew Michael wanted to do too. His constant hints about wanting to do more than just kiss were frequent, and I had begun to feel bad about being so hesitant.

 We sat there staring at each other, the movie long abandoned, as the reality of the situation sunk into the pair of us. We had been separated twice before, and both times I had gotten even worse than normal. To say I was scared for the year that was to come would be an understatement. 

We were interrupted by Mrs. Clifford calling us for dinner, and we reluctantly untangled our limbs and walked out to the kitchen. I was shocked to see my parents and the Cliffords sitting at the table, but I had a feeling it was so that we could all talk about what was happening in 10 days. 10 short days.

Michael and I sat side by side, across from my parents. Mrs. Clifford started the conversation by awkwardly asking Michael if he’d told me “the news.”

He slightly nodded, lacing our fingers together under the table. 

The rest of dinner consisted of the parents congratulating Michael, and the pair of us saying silent. His hand had let go of mine, but was instantly placed on my thigh, making me flinch.

A smirk was present on Michael’s face, as he ever so slowly inched his hand up my leg, not showing any signs of what he was doing to our parents.

I was getting restless, and honestly wanted more from Michael. I looked at him pleadingly, and he gave me a wink before clearing his throat.

 “Um, I think Rebecca and I are gonna head upstairs and.. start packing. For college.” Michael said in a very awkward manor. 

I gave a slight giggle before standing up, and letting Michael grab my hand. We walked out of the dining room, into the hallway, and had barely started walking up the stairs when he pushed me against the wall and began kissing me forcefully.

I complied and opened my mouth, allowing him to deepen the kiss. We continued up the stairs, still kissing, before walking into Michael’s room. He slammed the door and locked it, before pushing me up against it. 

I felt his hand slip under my shirt and I gasped as he began to pull it off.

“Michael… I’m scared.” I said looking at him like a deer in the headlights.

“I know baby, I know. Tell me when you want me to stop, I promise as soon as you say the word I’ll stop. I just want you to trust me.”

I nodded slowly, before allowing him to finish removing my shirt. Instinctively, I crossed my arms over my chest and tried to turn away from him. Michael lightly grabbed onto my wrists, pulling my arms away. 

“Rebecca, look at me,” I timidly raised my eyes to meet his, allowing him to continue. “You are beautiful. You have nothing to be ashamed of. You are the most gorgeous girl that I have ever seen, and I want you to believe me when I say it. You have no reason to be insecure, ever, especially in front of me. Okay?”

 “Okay, Michael. I trust you.”

He pulled me in for a long hug, before placing his hands on my hips and kissing me once again. By now he had removed his shirt, the only clothing that was now separating us was my skirt and his skinny jeans.

“Tell me when you want to stop, okay?”

“Michael that’s like the tenth time you’ve said that!” I giggled.

He smiled down at me, as he walked us over to the bed, gently laying me down before leaning over and kissing me.

We didn’t go all the way that night, and probably wouldn’t for a while. However, I did a lot of things that I had never done before, nor had I ever thought I’d do. Michael was so gentle and caring the entire time. He kept making sure I was okay and reminding me that all I had to do was tell him to stop. I felt comfortable in front of him for once. The scars covering my thighs and hips were obviously noticeable to him, but he didn’t bring them up, which I was grateful for.

As he pulled me into his arms once we had layer down for bed, I realized how lucky I was to have found someone like Michael. I had found someone who could help fix me, and for that I was eternally grateful.

As my eyes grew heavy and sleep began to take over, I felt Michael kiss my forehead and heard him say something that probably was not intended for me to hear, as he obviously thought I was asleep.

“I love you so much, and I always will. I am beyond proud of you, and hope to spend the rest of my life with you.”

A/N 

I don't really know what I just wrote so yeah