Chapter 14

The next day was once again spent lazily lounging around Michael's house, cuddling, watching tv, and playing video games. At around 4 PM, Michael's mom basically kicked us out of the house, saying that we needed some fresh air. Michael grabbed his car keys and led me out to his car which I had yet to see. 

As he opened the garage door, I was greeted by an impressive black jeep, which Michael looked very proud of. We both climbed in, and he started the car.  

"Uhhh Michael, are we gonna actually go somewhere or..." I was cut off as his lips crashed onto mine again, something that had been happening quite frequently since last night. We weren't officially together yet, but that didn't stop our kissing or cuddling.

"Oh yeah, sorry" He said, tapping his fingers on the wheel, "Where do you suppose we should go?"

 "I have no clue! This is still my first week in Sydney, I don't know what there is to do here or anything! But it's our last day before returning back to rehab so let's make it count, yeah?" I said with a giggle.  

Suddenly, Michael pulled out of the drive way and flew down the street. I gripped onto the arm rest for dear life as he sped to the corner. His driving was horrific.  

"What the HECK Michael you're gonna kill us both! How did you even get your license?" I yelled as he ran two stop signs and slammed on the breaks to let some sort of small animal cross the street.

  "Hey, I'm not that bad!" He protested.  

"Uh yeah right... but anyways, where are we going?"   

"You'll see when we get there!" He said, a mischievous smirk on his face.

  "But Michael I hate surprises! Just tell me, please?" I begged.  

"No can do, babe" Michael stated.  

I flinched at his use of the word 'babe'. I liked it a lot.  

After the 25 most terrifying minutes of my life, we pulled up to an abrupt stop, that caused me to fly forward, only to be stopped by my seatbelt.  

As we climbed out of Michael's jeep, I took in my surroundings. I was very confused, as there only seemed to be a small clearing surrounded by trees.

"Michael, what is this place?" I asked, as he grabbed my hand and began to lead me to a small path that I had previously neglected to notice.  

"You'll see! We just need to walk down this path a bit... Don't worry, it's not too far! But I mean if you get tired you can always ride on my back..."  

"Michael I'd squish you!"  

"Are you saying I'm weak?"  

"No, but I'm saying that I'm too heavy. And you know that."  

Michael stopped and spun me around to face him and began to speak in a serious tone.

  "Rebecca, you are not too heavy. I really want you to stop saying that about yourself, okay? You're beautiful just the way you are. You don't deserve to feel that way about yourself. It makes me upset that you chose to take these feelings out on yourself, and it even makes me more upset that you feel this way in the first place, and you know what happens when I get upset..  four years of rehab hasn't done all that much to help my anger issues..."  

I stood there unable to speak. I felt like nothing would be the right thing to say at this time, so I opted to stay silent. I was also a bit shocked that he had brought up my self harming, but I decided to leave it be and hope that he wouldn't bring it up again.

 I pulled my sleeves down, just to be safe, and timidly reached for Michael's hand. He quickly laced our fingers together and we continued walking through the woods in silence. When we got to the end of the path, my jaw dropped.  

I was greeted by a breathtaking view of the ocean beneath the grassy cliffs that we were stood on. We were the only ones here, and it felt like our own little private paradise.  

"So, what do you think? Is this an acceptable place to spend our last few hours of freedom?" Michael asked, sounded a bit nervous.  

"It's... It's... It's perfect. How did you even know about this place?" I asked.  

"My parents and I used to come here for picnics when I was younger. To be quite honest, I'm surprised that I even found the place! I don't really know why it popped into my head, but I figured you'd like it." Michael said as we sat down in the soft grass.  

We sat in the grass and talked for a long while, before shifting to lay down, watching the clouds above us. Everything had been going perfectly, until Michael brought up the event that happened two days prior.  

He grabbed my hand and pushed my sleeve up, then ran a shaky finger over the ugly scars covering my arm. I flinched slightly at his sudden action, and tried to pull away. He just held onto me tighter and wouldn't let me move.  

Michael looked me straight in the eyes and began to speak. 

  "Why?" He asked, "Why do you do this to yourself?"

A/N Hey y'all! I'm sorry that I suck at writing this emotional stuff, it's just really hard for me to do. Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well! I have a 3 day weekend which I am every so grateful for, and I promise to try to update at least once, if not twice more before I go back to school! 

Please comment telling me what you think of the story so far, and let me know if there's anything I could improve on! Thank you to everyone that has given this fanfic a try, I really appreciate every single one of you, and I can't believe that I hit 2,000 reads! Thanks so much! :)) Rebecca x