Chapter 10

Rebecca’s POV

My eyes fluttered open as I tried to make sense my surroundings. I definitely wasn’t in my bedroom.

Everything slowly came to me as I remembered that I was in rehab in Sydney. That’s when I remembered Michael.  Hadn’t I fallen asleep in his bed last night? If so, how on earth did I get into my own room? Even with his impressive biceps there’s no way he could have lifted me up, much less carried me all the way to my room. I’m way too heavy.

I took my time getting up, as I had no sessions planned for today. By the time I finally rolled out of bed it was already 1 pm. I decided to take a shower, and then slipped on a pair of jeans and a hoodie, letting my curls dry naturally. I gave up before I even looked in the mirror, knowing how unimpressive the outcome of my little applied effort already was.  

I walked out of my room and fumbled with my keys, attempting to lock the door . I turned around and fully collided with the blonde haired boy whom I had seen the previous day whilst talking to Michael.

“Hey, you’re Rebecca aren’t you?” He said, with his eyes full of recognition.

“Ah…. Yeah! I’m sorry, but how do you know my name?” I asked confusedly.

“Michael hasn’t shut up about you since he brought you back to your room last night. He’s very infatuated,” He said with a slight throaty chuckle, making me nervous.

I felt my cheeks go red as I stared at him, not allowing myself to speak. He looked at me, seemingly waiting for my reaction and/or response to his embarrassing statement.

“All us boys are chilling in Calum’s room right now, would you want to join us? Michael is in there” He said with a wink.

I really wanted to see Michael, so I nodded my head in agreement, and allowed myself to follow the unnamed boy.

“I’m Luke, by the way,” He said, turning his head to shoot me a smile as we strolled through the corridors. He turned back around and added, as if reading my mind, “I met Michael about a month ago when he arrived” I nodded my head and smiled quickly before looking away from his gaze. He turned back around and we continued walking in a somewhat uncomfortable and awkward silence.

“So… What are you in for?” I say in a nervously joking tone, trying to ease the tension of being with someone I’d only seen from afar.

Luke shot me a questioning look, eyebrows raised

“Well…” He starts, but drifts off quickly.

“I was just joking”  I added, looking at my feet as we rounded a corner into a hallway engulfed by the sound of guitar.

“Oh, sorry I didn’t really catch the tone you were trying to put across.” He said giving me a crooked smile as he opened a door that seemed to be containing the chords that were heard throughout the corridors.

As Luke quickly grabbed his guitar from the floor and joined the other boys, I stood frozen in my steps just inside the doorway.

Michael was sitting on Calum’s bed, facing the window that was positioned on the wall opposite the door.  Calum was sat in the desk chair, facing the same way. Neither of the boys knew I was there, until I let out the cough I’d been containing.

The music ceased at once, and both boys turned their heads. Michael’s eyes widened as he straightened his tall frame, and Calum looked between the two of us with a smirk on his face.

“Hey, Rebecca! Come join us!” Calum said with a grin still looking between me and Michael amusingly.

I flashed him a small smile of gratitude before nervously walking over and standing against the wall. Michael looked at me for a few long seconds before reaching over to grab me by my waist and pull me closer, seemingly trying to indicate that I should take a seat upon the windowsill opposite from where he was sitting.