Chapter 33

"Rebecca! Rebecca, wake up!" I was jolted awake by someone rubbing my back and calling my name.

I slowly opened my eyes and was greeted by Michael, although, his hair was not pink it was solid black, and I was laying in his bed.

He immediately pulled me into the biggest hug I had ever received, and didn't let go for a long time.

To say I was confused was an understatement. The last thing I remembered was sitting on his couch at the party and seeing him drag some girl down the stairs.

"Michael, who was that girl? And wasn't your hair just pink? Why am I in your bed?" I spit out all the questions at once.

Michael's face seemed to match mine, a state of utter confusion.

"What are you talking about? What girl? Pink hair? Oh, and you're in my room because you fell asleep on my couch... In the middle of a party! I don't know how that was possible, I'm guessing it was the jet lag or something but I walked out of the bathroom and found you passed out, what a shock that was, too see you back in the US I mean, so I carried you up here. I called your mom to let her know you were staying, by the way, so don't worry about that. God, I missed you so much."

"Oh, I uh, I must have dreamed that you hooked up with some girl and dyed your hair pink... I guess it was the jet lag as you said. I missed you too, Michael. So much. These last few months were the worst ever. I didn't know what to do without you. I didn't know what had happened.. You just left so suddenly."

"Rebecca, trust me, I didn't hook up with any girls whilst we were apart. I promise. I would never do that to you. As for my hair, it was blue for a while, but I decided to go black again. Maybe pink is in my future though? I'm so sorry for leaving like that. I didn't have a choice, I wasn't allowed to say goodbye or anything. These last few months were hard for me too. I don't think I've ever been so upset... But, you're back now!"

I gave Michael a huge, genuine smile before allowing him to pull me into his chest. "I never want to be away from you for that long ever again." He whispered to me as I shifted into a more comfortable position.

I mumbled a small agreement before closing my eyes and letting sleep take over once again. Although this time, it was with the boy I loved.

I was woken up later, once again, by Michael who was playing with my hair.

"It's about time!" He joked, as I reluctantly opened my eyes and sat up. I was still in my clothes from the night before, so I was rather uncomfortable. Michael seemed to notice, as he got out of bed and walked over to his dresser. He tossed me a pair of boxers and a t-shirt before returning to the bed.

"Can you look away for a second?" I asked, still extremely self-conscious.

"But I want to see my beautiful girlfriend who I love ever so much," Michael whined whilst covering his eyes.

"No trust me it's nothing you want to see," I said with a slight giggle.

"You're still so down on yourself, Rebecca. I'm serious when I say that I think you're perfect."

I groaned, not being able to accept his compliment for the pure reason that I knew it wasn't true. I was no where near perfect, nor would I ever be.

"I'm serious! You look amazing. You did even before you lost all that weight, which, by the way, I did notice. I just hope that you did so in a healthy way, and that you did it for you, and not for other people."

I responded with silence, and instead walked over to where Michael was sitting and covering his eyes. I sat down next to him and lay my head on his shoulder. He took that as an indication to uncover his eyes, and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm just so glad you're back. I was scared that... I was scared that I was gonna lose you..." He said, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Michael, I knew I had to see you again. You're the reason I'm still here. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't helped me all those times, if you hadn't been there for me. I have never had anyone care about me so much, and the fact that you do really makes me feel loved. It makes me feel like maybe, just maybe, my life isn't just a big mess. You are the reason that I am slowly gaining confidence, the reason that I am beginning to understand that happiness isn't something to be scared of. So thank you, thank you for everything."

My words were all jumbled up and interrupted by my tears, but I just really hoped that Michael understood how much he meant to me and how much he had helped me.

I slowly looked up to see tears rolling down his face. In that moment, I knew that he understood. I knew that he realized how important he was to me, and I realized myself how thankful I was to have someone like Michael in my life.

We sat in silence for a long time, both of us just enjoying being able to hold each other once more. Everything felt right once again. I felt happy for the first time since Michael had moved back to the US, I felt safe, I felt loved. But most of all, I felt like I belonged.

A/N So it turns out Michael isn't a jerk after all yayyyy sorry for the awful and extremely short update y'all :(( This story is coming to an end very soon, and I'm having trouble deciding exactly how it should end which is one reason that I'm taking so long to update! After this story I will be staring a Luke fanfic called "Exchange" that will be much better than this one, as I really am not happy with the quality of my writing in this story...Thank you so much for reading!

Also! I will be seeing 5SOS again in Dallas next month, and possibly Toronto as well! I didn't get tickets when they went on sale but then I ended up getting one from a very good friend for free so I am absolutely ecstatic and super excited to see the boys again, and hopefully get a chance to properly thank Michael, in person, for everything he's done for me in the past few months :)