Chapter 2

Before I could respond to either text the door flew open and the assistant began to talk. “Miss Williamson, Dr. Wendy will see you now. Please follow me,” She said with a smile.

I sighed and stood up, following her down the brightly lit hallway and into the third door on the left. I was greeted by the familiar sight of the inviting office, and by Dr. Wendy’s welcoming smile.

The sessions went just as all the others had. She asked me questions, I answered back with the truth – for the most part. We talked about school, friends, which I had none of, and my life at home. I began to get very uncomfortable when it was time to get on the scale. This was a weekly occurrence, but I closed my eyes tightly so I wouldn’t have to see the number, and jumped off as soon as she was done. We talked for a bit longer, until it was finally time to go.

 “See you next week, Rebecca. Keep up the good work.”

 I grunted a ‘thank you’ and began to leave her office when Dr. Wendy suddenly called out “Oh and one more thing, please try to smile, I promise it will make things better.” I rolled my eyes as I continued down the familiar hallway and outside to my car.

 I checked my phone to see that I had 5 new messages. I was slightly confused, and began to worry. What if something was wrong with my mom? I quickly opened them, and was shocked to see that only one was from her, wishing me luck with my session. The others were all from none other than Michael Clifford. What did he want?

4 New Messages from Michael Clifford

“Rebecca? Are you there?”

“I know this seems weird but I just want to talk to you.x”

“Please text me when you see this”

“please?:)x”

Well this is odd. I’ve never even made eye contact with Michael before, much less talk to him. Why does he seem so determined to talk to me?

I decided that I’d text him when I got home, and pulled out of the parking lot, arriving at my house after a short drive.

I got home, said a quick hello to my mom, and the headed up to my room with a bowl of chips. I opened my phone and stared at the blank message for a while, before taking a deep breath and letting my fingers hit the screen.

New Message to Michael Clifford

“Um.. Hey..”

I quickly regretted sending it as soon as my finger left the button. I should have said something less awkward. I’m always screwing up. Always.

 I was shocked as my phone buzzed seconds later.

1 New Message from Michael Clifford

“Rebecca! Hey!:) What’s up?”

New Message to Michael Clifford

  “Um nothing really.. but er.. can I ask why you’re texting me? :/”

1 New Message from Michael Clifford

“Well, I found a phone in the hallway at school on my way to the bathroom, and I looked through it and found out that it was yours, so I got your number, put my number in your phone, and here we are now:)”

New Message to Michael Clifford

“Well I kinda assumed that! But why did you get my number? Why do you even wanna talk to me? ://”

1 New Message from Michael Clifford

“Because I’ve always thought you were pretty, and I’ve been too shy to talk to you:) x”

What the heck? He’s messing with me, I can just tell. It was probably a dare or something, as there’s no way that the most attractive boy at our school would ever be interested in an ugly shy girl like me. Ever.

I let out a sigh before setting my phone down on my nightstand next to my bed. I didn’t care to continue the conversation, as I knew it wouldn’t end well.

My phone buzzed twice more, and just as I had guessed both messages were from Michael. What could he possibly want? I decided to get to work on my homework, so I switched my phone off before heading over to my desk and pulling out my work. I didn’t get much done because my thoughts all led back to Michael.

-Hello again! I decided to update again tonight because I'd finished this chapter already! Hope you guys are liking it! Feel free to comment and vote or whatever! Love y'all! Rebeccax-