Chapter 30

Michael’s POV

-

-

As the plane took off, I didn’t even try to stop the tears that were welling up in my eyes. My parents had forcefully made me pack up all my things, again, and literally dragged me to the airport.  As I sat in the plush first class seat, between my parents, I mentally cursed them the entire flight. 

They had made me leave the only girl I had ever loved. I honestly thought that she was the one,  but now that I was being taken away from her, without even saying goodbye, I didn’t know if that was the case anymore.

I was still phoneless, as my parents had decided not to replace the one that I broke, so I honestly had no way of getting in contact with Rebecca. I’m sure there are all sorts of rumours going around as to why I left, but I just wanted her to know the truth. I wanted to tell her that I was going back to America, to the same town that we lived in before, but I had no way of doing so.

I groaned, rather loudly, as I thought of her being all alone with Ashton. Little did she know, he wasn’t the little innocent boy she thought he was. I looked him up on the computer after I got kicked out and quickly found his Facebook profile. I was rather shocked at what I saw, and I wish I could just warn her. Sure, he might have had a rough past, but at the same time that was no excuse for the amount of girls he’d led on or hooked up with prior to entering rehab. I had scrolled though his timeline, scoffing at the number of model-esque girls that had left flirty messages on his profile, saying things like “Thanks for last night, Ash ;)” and “Hope we can do that again soon (:.”

I knew his feels for Rebecca were deeper than they were for most of these girls, but at the same time I knew what his intentions were. I just wish I could warn her. I don’t want her to leave me for someone like him. 

-

-

Rebecca’s POV

I woke up the next morning, the realization that Michael was in fact gone hitting me like a ton of bricks. I reluctantly got up to take a shower, deciding that if I were to go through with my plan, I’d really need to make an effort.

After getting dressed, I grabbed my school books and walked down to my Physics class. Ashton wasn’t there, of course, and I still didn’t know anyone else in the class. I was thankful that I was the first one to arrive, and I quickly took a seat in the back of the room.

I was rather lost the whole time, after missing so much class, but I figured I’d be able to catch up before too long.

During our first break, I took a seat under the tree that Michael and I used to sit under together. All the memories we had shared began flooding in, and before I knew it, I was crying. I felt someone sit down next to me, but I didn’t bother to look. I simply kept my face buried in my hands.

“Rebecca?” A female voice spoke. I chose to ignore it, I honestly wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone.

“Rebecca, are you alright?” The voice asked again.

I slowly raised my tear-stained face to see Kirstin sitting next to me with a concerned look on my face.

I nodded, before letting out a long sigh.

“I just miss him so much, you don’t even understand,” I choked out.

“I know you do. I can only imagine how hard it’d be if Luke left…” She trailed off. “Oh! Anyways, speaking of Luke, he told me that you were finally gonna let them help you?”