Chapter 27

Rebecca’s POV

 I woke up the next morning with Michael, once again. The rhythmic sound of his breathing was always so calming. I enjoyed the mornings where I woke up before Michael. I always took the time to admire all his features, his full lips, the stubble visible on his face, how his chest rose and fell with each breath. It was all so familiar, yet so intriguing.

 “It’s not polite to stare at others whilst they’re sleeping, you know.” Michael mumbled from beside me.

“What? No I wasn’t staring!” I panicked, trying to cover up the fact that I obviously was.

“Yes you were. I could feel it.”

“How can you feel someone staring.”

“Ugh don’t question it, I just could okay?” He said with a chuckle.

“Whatever you say.” I replied. “Michael?” I said, suddenly getting an idea.

“Yeah babe?”

“I think I’m ready to go back to group therapy. Or at least try to go back. I’ve missed two weeks or everything, so I feel like I should probably go back.” I said, the words barely escaping my mouth.

“That’s great! I’m actually supposed to go back today too, so we can go together.” 

“Michael, we always go together!” I said, laughing. 

“I know, but I mean we both haven’t been in ages, we’ll need each other’s company!”

I nodded in agreement before getting up to get ready.

“I’m gonna take a shower, okay? You can either stay here and wait for me or go back to your room and take one of your own.” I said, pulling out a fresh set of clothes fro my dresser.

“How about I just join you?” Michael said with a smirk.

“Oh my God, Michael! You did not just say that! I hope you’re joking!” I exclaimed.

“Well I kinda of was…Oh come on, you’re no fun!” He replied with a pout 

An awkward silence encompassed the room as I stopped what I was doing and stared at the floor.

“Michael… You know how I get about that kind of thing. I’m sorry I don’t meet your expectations, but don’t you remember how I wouldn’t even let you see me in a bathing suit? Much less anything less than that.” I said, avoiding his eyes.

I stood in my place, focusing on my feet that had suddenly become very fascinating. I was startled when a pair of arm’s wrapped around my waist from behind. I turned my head to see Michael’s eyes already focused on mine.

“Rebecca, you know I would never pressure you to do anything you don’t feel comfortable doing. I’m so sorry for making you feel that way. I feel awful for what I said. I really don’t want us to fight again.” He said, his eyes full of sorrow.

“It’s fine Michael. Really, don’t worry about it. I’m sorry for being so scared… I’m just.. I-“ I was cut off by Michael’s lips as he pulled me closer to him.

He pulled back all too soon and turned me around so I was facing the bathroom.

“Go have your shower! I’ll be right here when you get back!" 

After washing my hair and getting ready for the day, I walked out of the bathroom to find Michael sitting on my bed watching TV.

“You all ready?” He asked, sticking out his hand.

“It’s now or never.” I replied with a weak smile before intertwining out fingers.

We walked in a comfortable silence to the room where Saturday morning group therapy was held. Michael pushed open the door, and I was greeted by the familiar circle of chairs in the centre of the room.