Chapter 26

Michael’s POV

 An incredibly tense silence engulfed the room after Ashton’s name was spoken. I couldn’t help but ball my hands up into fists; I was just so angry.

“No. No, no no no no! I will not room with him. Anyone but him! Please!” I begged.

“I’m sorry Michael, but there’s no other available rooms. Why don’t you want to stay with Ashton? He’s a lovely boy.” Genevieve asked.

I scoffed at her comment, choosing not to answer. I grabbed Rebecca’s hand and began leading her out of the room.

“We’re leaving. I’ll talk to you all later,” I said with a slight glare at Genevieve.

Once we got back to Rebecca’s room, we both sat down on her bed and tried to figure out what to do.

“Michael, you can always just come sleep in my room every night, you technically only have to keep your stuff in there I guess…” Rebecca suggested.

“I know, but that means I’ll have to spend time around Ashton. You know I can’t stand him.”

“You haven’t even said two words to the guy! He’s not as bad as you think, I promise. Anyways, I was planning on talking to him about this… Uhh.. Situation we’re in. He needs to know that I’m yours.”

“Oh don’t you worry about that, I’ll make sure to show him that you’re mine. Just you wait, he’s never gonna lay a finger on you once I’m done with him. I swear-“

“Michael!” Rebecca cut me off. “Please don’t hurt Ashton. I told you, I’ll talk to him. I’ll take care of everything.”

I silently nodded, although I still wasn’t in complete agreement to this. Ashton need’s to learn his place, and that place is not with Rebecca.

We spent the rest of the day cuddling in her bed, watching movies, talking, everything we did before they took me away.

I still hated myself for reacting the way I did, but I hated myself even more for not being there for my girlfriend when she needed me. 

Rebecca had fallen asleep in my arms, and I decided to let her rest some more whilst I went to pack my remaining possessions, which wasn’t much since I had destroyed quite a few things.

I opened the door to my room and instantly felt sick. I must have been very angry, because stuff was strewn all over the place. Half my furniture was broken, and my phone lay as a pile of shattered glass where it had landed.

I was surprised that no one had cleaned up this place in the time I was gone, but I guess they wanted me to gather up my belongings first.

I quickly shoved everything worth keeping into my suitcases, then made my way to the room that Genevieve had told me was Ashton’s.

I took a deep breath before knocking on the door. I obviously wasn’t as calm as I had hoped, because I ended up pounding pretty hard on the wooden door in front of me.

The door swung open revealing a smiling Ashton.

“You must be Michael,” he said, extending his hand. I awkwardly shook his hand, probably a bit firmer than intended, as he winced as if in pain. I mumbled an apology before he opened the door the rest of the way so that I could bring my suitcases in.

The room was quite similar to my old one, but a bit larger, and a drum set sat in the corner. There was an empty bed on the right side of the room, which I threw my stuff down on before turning around to look at Ashton. He was standing there with a big grin on his face, obviously oblivious to the fact that I was Rebecca’s boyfriend. 

“So Ashton,” I began. “I just want to set a few things straight-“  I began, before instantly stopping as I saw all the bracelets on his left arm. I felt very guilty, and decided to stay off the topic, changing the sentence I was about to speak. “And those things are, no alcohol in the room, unless there’s enough to share, no listening to music out loud, unless it’s good music, and most importantly, no telling anyone if I’m ever not here at night.” I said, faking a smile.

Ashton looked confused, but nodded his head in agreement.

“Where do you go at night?” He asked.

“Sometimes I just like to go outside, you know, to clear my mind, play guitar, all that stuff.”

He seemed to buy it, and I was greatly relieved as I was not willing to tell him the truth.

“Well, I’m gonna head back to my girlfriend now,” I said, putting emphasis on the word girlfriend. “I’ll see you later mate.” 

“See ya!” Ashton smiled, not knowing that I was going to Rebecca’s room.

For someone who suffered from depression, he sure seemed to be a happy guy. Maybe he was just trying to make a good first impression. Little did he know, I knew a lot more about him than he thought, and I knew that I didn’t like him one bit.

I walked back down the hall to Rebecca’s room and found her still asleep. I crawled back in bed,  being careful not to wake her. I was glad that moving into Ashton’s room hadn’t been too bad. Sure, it was incredibly awkward, but at least I hadn’t gotten too angry, or said anything to offend him.

Even though it was only 5:00, I felt myself getting pretty tired after all the sleepless nights I’d spent without Rebecca. I pulled her closer to me as I switched the light off, letting sleep take over, and pushing all thoughts of Ashton out of my mind. As long as I could spend most of my time in here, maybe this room thing could work out.

A/N sorry if it's a bit short! But here's some Michael POV!  I hope everyone has a great New Year, if I don't get a chance to update before then! Thank you so much for the comments on the last chapter, you guys are the best! Someone this fic is now within the top 20 Michael stories and I'm still in shock! I love you guys so much! Thanks for voting and reading!