Chapter 8

I walked down the jetway with my carry-ons and stepped onto the plane. I was very nervous, but at the same time really excited. I found my seat and quickly sat down between a businessman and an elderly lady. I fell asleep fairly quickly, and before I knew it the captain was coming on the speaker.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we will be arriving in Sydney, Australia in 10 minutes. We hope you enjoyed your flight and that you have a nice stay in Sydney.”

As the plane touched down I began shaking. I was super excited to be in Australia, but I was also so nervous because I was all alone in a brand new place.

I walked through the airport with my head down until I got to the luggage carousel. I quickly spotted both of my suitcases, and pulled them off the belt. I then walked over to the pickup area, and began to look for my name on all of the signs. I spotted a young woman, who looked to be in her early 20’s, holding a sign that said my name on it. I shyly walked over to her, and introduced myself as Rebecca. She gave me a huge hug and began gushing about how excited she was that I was there.

“Rebecca! It’s so nice to finally meet you! My name is Genevieve Richards, but you can call me Gen! I have been assigned to work with you for your first few weeks at the center, but I don’t want you to think of me as a doctor or anything of that nature. I want you to think of me as a friend that you can come to for anything! Clothes, boys, you name it!”

I timidly returned her smile, and thanked her, even though I knew I wouldn’t be coming to her for boys or anything. No one in their right mind would ever like me. No one ever has, and no one ever will.

The drive to Shady Grove took about half an hour, and most of that time was filled by Gen talking and explaining how much fun I would have whilst I was staying here. I learned that as a teenager she herself had been just like me. Gen spent over a year at the center, but she exclaimed how now she is all the way better, and is always happy.

I secretly knew the same would not be true for me. The only reason I even agreed to come here was for Michael.

We pulled into a long gravel driveway lined with trees on both sides. I was shocked to see a large house, no a mansion, sitting at the end with a massive yard. I was expecting more of a hospital type building, but this was the complete opposite. Gen explained how my room was on the third floor, but not to worry about finding it because she would show me.

After a quick tour of the clinic, I was left alone in my room to unpack. Luckily my parents got me a single room, so I wouldn’t have to worry about sharing with anyone. I set my suitcases down and examined the room. It has white walls, plush carpet, a full bed, a dresser, a desk, and various decorations hung up. The bed had white and pink floral sheets on it, just like my room at home.

I walked over to the window, and opened the blinds to check out my view. I could see the sprawling field and forest that was behind the house, as well as the pond and the horse stables. This place was massive, and must have been very expensive for my parents. I made a mental note to thank them later, and returned to my unpacking.

Once everything was in its proper place, and I’d changed into a pair of shorts with a hoodie and some vans, I decided to go exploring. I quickly threw my hair in a bun, then walked out of my room and down the hallway. I realized after a little while of aimless wandering that I was already lost. And that’s when I saw him.

Michael’s POV

These last few weeks had been absolutely horrid. My parent sent me back to rehab in Australia without giving me any warning. They noticed that I’d been getting upset again, because I was mad at myself for what I’d said to Rebecca. I was also really devastated that we’d had no contact for such a long time.

After being enrolled back in my old clinic, things just kept going downhill. I hated it there. The other patients were rude, and I was once again an outcast. Worst of all, I had no way of getting in contact with Rebecca. I hope my dad was able to tell her what happened, since I know he was still in America.

After about a week of being at my old center, I got kicked out. I got in a fight with another boy there, who, for the record was the one who started it, but I was the one who ended it. A nice punch to the nose had him out cold. I guess all that practice on my punching bag had actually paid off.

After I got kicked out, my parents thought I still needed help, so they sent me to this posh place called Shady Grove. I don’t mind it here too much, and I’ve found so pretty cool mates who all also sing and play instruments like I do. We have jam sessions in each other’s rooms all the time, and it’s the most fun I’ve had in years.

One day after lunch, I decided to head out to the back garden. I grabbed my guitar and began making my way downstairs. I turned a corner before descending down the last staircase. And that’s when I saw her. 

-A/N hey y'all! Michael is finally back in the story yay! Thank you so much to everyone that has been reading this! I know I say this every chapter, but I really do mean it! I still can't believe almost 500 people have read this! It's insane! Anywayssss please leave me a comment telling me either what you like or what I could improve on, and also I'd love it if you'd vote this! Thanks again, love y'all! Rebecca :)) -