Chapter 11

Rebecca’s POV

Michael and I sat on the bench for ages, continuing to catch up on the last few months of our lives, and getting to know each other even better.

After a while, a comfortable silence took over. I sat there in Michael’s arms, as he lazily drew circles on my back.

The silence was suddenly punctured as Michael began to speak.

“Okay so I know we’ve only known each other for a short time, and like you don’t really even know my family or anything yet…” His voice trailed off.

I began to panic, knowing what was coming next. Michael was going to ask me out. I didn’t know what I was going to say. I hadn’t been expecting this at all. I felt myself start to feel dizzy as I became immersed in my thoughts.

As he finished his question I began to speak “Ummm… Uhhh… I don’t know... I mean…”

“Rebecca, did you even hear my question?” Michael asked, looking confused.

“Didn’t you just ask me-“

“I asked if you wanted to come spend Christmas with my family, as it’s in two days, and I know you don’t have anyone here to spend it with,” He interrupted, saving me from total embarrassment.

 A wave of relief rushed over me. I knew I liked Michael, but I didn’t know if I was quite ready to commit to anything yet.

 “Oh! Of course I’d love to! I mean, as long as I’m not imposing on your family or anything, I’d hate to be a bother!” I sputtered out.

“No, not at all! My mom was actually the one who suggested it, she was worried that you’d have to spend Christmas alone and all…”

A smile spread across my face as I took in the fact that Michael spoke to his mom about me.

“My dad will be here tonight to pick us up, so make sure you’re packed and ready by 7!” Michael said, with a huge grin displayed on his face.

I checked my phone to see that it was already 5:45. We decided that we should probably go start packing right away, to allow enough time to say bye to Luke and Calum before we left.

Michael told me that we’d be at his house for a total of 4 days, and to make sure I brought a swimsuit since his parent’s house had a pool.

My heart began to race at the thought of having to wear a swimsuit in front of Michael, and I made a mental note to avoid having to do so at all costs.

We made our way upstairs, once again holding hands. This action always confused me, as we weren’t a couple, yet he always seemed to grab my hand whenever we walked anywhere.

We parted our separate ways as I went into my room, and Michael into his. I pulled out my plaid suitcase from my walk in closet and began laying out outfits for the week. I packed mainly jeans and sweatpants, but decided to throw in a pair of shorts. For tops, I packed a few t-shirts and some sweaters, even though it was very warm out. I always covered as much skin as possible, and this week with Michael and his family wouldn’t be any different. I couldn’t let them see the battleground that was my thighs and arms. They would probably send me back to this place before I could even comprehend what was happening.

At 6:30, a knock sounded on my door, alerting me that it was time to say goodbye to the other boys. I still didn’t know them too well, but I definitely considered them friends. They were the only people, apart from Michael, that I felt comfortable talking too. Everyone else at the center seemed to be quite snobby, always acting like they were better than anyone else because of how much money their parents had.