Chapter 17

*Michael's POV*

I sat at dinner with Rebecca and the others, giving her encouraging nods to remind her finish her salad that she was eating. It pained my heart to think that she thought of herself as fat, and that not eating would solve her problems.

When it was clear that she was not planning on eating anymore, and when I had finished my pizza, I silently intertwined our fingers under the table, giving her hand a slight squeeze to alert her that I was ready to go.

We stood up, letting the others know that we were going out, and I began to lead the way to the wooden doors separating us from the courtyard.

To say I was nervous about the evening would be an understatement. I wanted our "date" to go perfectly.

We began walking out towards the field, a comfortable silence encompassing us.

That was one thing I loved about being with Rebecca. We didn't have to talk to enjoy each others company. We could do so without making a sound. Just having her hand in mine made me instantly relax.

I knew what we had was serious. No other girl had ever made me feel like this. No other girl could make me go from hating myself to making me feel like I belonged.

I already thought of her as my girlfriend, and knowing that she wasn't technically mine yet was actually starting to get to me. I wanted her to myself, I wanted to be able to call her my girlfriend, and have her call me her boyfriend.

I had been preparing this night for a while, and with the help of Calum and Luke, I felt that it was going to be perfect.

We arrived at the bench where we had sat her first night here. The night where we had told each other everything.

I had woken up early that morning and strung fairy lights over the bench and amount the trees, knowing that Rebecca would love it.

I watched as her eyes widened and her beautiful smile crept onto her face.

"Michael...." She said, seemingly in shock. "It's... It's... It's perfect... The lights.. They're so beautiful!"

"Not as beautiful as you," I quietly murmured.

Rebecca blushed then burst out laughing, "Michael! You are so cheesy!"

"Hey, in my defence I didn't mean to say that out loud," I said with a grin.

"Well even the fact that you thought it makes you cheesy!" She giggled.

I let out a slight chuckle, then grabbed her waist, pulling her down onto the bench next to me.

We sat there in silence for a while, as I traced aimless circles and patterns on her back.

My heart sped up at the thought of what I was about to do. I knew I liked Rebecca a lot. Heck, I might even love her. I knew this was something I had to do soon, before some other guy came and took her from me.

"So, uh, as you know we've kinda been spending a lot of time together lately and well, you've honestly changed me so much. Before I met you, I was very aggressive and violent. I got angry so easily, and I'd take that anger out on others. But spending time with you has change me, you've taught me how to control that anger, you've helped me relax. I know when we first met, I probably came across as intimidating, but I just didn't know how to express how I was feeling. What I'm trying to say, is that I like you a lot. I want to continue to spend time with you. I want to help you stop hurting yourself, I want you to feel like the most important and special girl in the world, because to me you're both of those things and more. You're beautiful, talented, funny, and smart, and I couldn't see myself with anyone but you." I paused to look at Rebecca's reaction. She had tears in her eyes, and a smile plastered from ear to ear. "Uh basically... Will you be my girlfriend, Rebecca?"

My lips were attacked by hers, before she quickly pulled away and nodded. Suddenly, she broke into an uncontrollable fit of laughter.

Was it something I'd said? Did I have pizza sauce on my shirt?

"What's so funny?" I inquired.

In between giggles she managed to reply "With everything you were saying, I thought you were going to propose!"

She laughed so hard that she literally fell off the bench, pulling me down with her, causing us both to fall into an even bigger fit of hysterics.

A\N hey y'all! Wow 2 (well sort of 3) updates in one weekend! Sorry if this is short or badly written, but I wrote this on my phone!

Michael and Rebecca are now officially a couple! Who ships Richael? Haha

Anyways, if you haven't done so already please read the background info I posted about the story in my last update! It's basically how I met Michael and how this story is based off of my experience with him.

As always, please comment, vote, and share! I love you all! Rebecca x