Chapter 23

"I saw Michael."

I let a gasp escape my lips as Calum's words registered in my brain.

"Where? When? How? Can I go see him? How is he doing?" I attacked Calum with questions.

He seemed to contemplate telling me or not. Ashton and I both stood there, silence filling the room.

"Spit it out Hood," I said, rather harshly.

He looked taken aback, and I quickly apologised, which he accepted.

"To answer your questions, just about 10 minutes ago, downstairs. I noticed the doctor leaving the solitary wing, so I quickly walked back and found that his door had not been shut properly. I was a bit nervous, as I didn't know what type of state he was in, but I pushed the door open further.. And.. And... Rebecca, he's a mess. He's lost so much weight, he's pale as a ghost. He noticed me standing there, and when our eyes met I could literally see the pain inside of him."

Calum's words broke my heart. Michael didn't seem to be taking this any better than myself. I needed to see him.

"Can you take me to him? I want to see him."

"I'm afraid I can't. I got caught, and had to be escorted out. But as I was leaving, he finally spoke up. He said 'tell Rebecca that I'm so sorry, this is all my fault. Tell her that I never want to lose her. I love her so much.'"

"He said he loves me?" I asked in shock.

"Those were his exact words." Calum responded.

"Shoot! I'm gonna be late for meeting Luke and Kirstin for lunch. Do you want to tag along? You can come too Ashton." Calum exclaimed as he looked at his phone.

"I think I'll just stay here... But you should go, Ash! It'll be good for you to get to know the others." I said, knowing that I needed some time alone to process what Calum had just told me.

Ashton agreed, and the pair headed out of my room.

I was once again alone, consumed by my own thoughts.

Michael had said he loved me. Well, not directly to me, but he had said it. Did I love him back? I hadn't really considered it before. I knew what Michael and I had was special, I knew that I needed him. But was what we had really love?

After another hour of just sitting on my bed, I decided that I had to go see Michael. Or at least try.

I slipped on my vans and walked out of my room for the first time in what felt like months.

I took the familiar hallways and staircases until I was on the ground floor. I followed the signs to the solitary wing, and paused to check for anyone watching. When the coast was clear, I began walking down the hall. I peered into all of the rooms I passed, but most were unoccupied. I only had two more rooms left to look in, and I had to compose myself many times before doing so. When I got to the last door on the right side of the hallway I took a deep breath and peered through the window.

I was not prepared for what I saw.

Michael was sitting in the corner of the room, in the same outfit he was wearing the day we fought. His head was bent down, and he looked so vulnerable, nothing like the 6'2 confident giant that I was lucky enough to call my boyfriend.

I accidentally stumbled and fell into the door, causing him to look up.

Our eyes met at once, tears evident in his, and large bags under his eyes, indicating a lack if sleep.

He blinked a few times, as to make sure he wasn't imaging me standing there, before quickly getting up and walking to the door. He opened it and quickly pulled me inside before pushing me against the wall and connecting our lips for the first time in almost two weeks.

"I'm so sorry," he said in between kisses. "I'm just so, so sorry."

I continued to kiss him, letting him know what I accepted his apology.

After a while, we pulled apart, slightly out of breath. Our foreheads rested on each others, as we stated into one another's eyes.

"I thought I'd lost you for good this time. I am so sorry, this is all my fault. I can't afford to lose you, Rebecca. You may need me, but in reality, I need you too. I love you Rebecca." He said, before reconnecting our lips.

And as Michael said those words, as he held my waist, as my fingers moved through his tangled hair, I knew that I loved him too.

A/N: I hope y'all liked this chapter! I really enjoyed writing it because it made me so happy to see them back together!

As tomorrow is Christmas Eve, I might not get a chance to update before Christmas, so I'd just like to wish everyone reading a happy Christmas!

I love y'all so much, and I want to thank each and every one of you for getting this to 9K reads! Lets see if we can hit 10K by New Years? :)) don't forget to comment and vote! -Rebecca