Chapter 21

"Sorry, what did you say?" I asked, not sure if I'd heard Michael correctly.

"I asked who that freaking guy you were talking to was! What were you sitting with him? Why were you two laughing? You're mine, Rebecca, and only mine!" Michael practically yelled at me.

I was shocked at the way he reacted, and to be honest I was a bit scared.

"That guy was Ashton, and I was just trying to make him feel welcome." I said timidly.

I wanted to tell him how Ashton was just like me, how he needed someone to talk to, but I decided against it.

Michael once again lost it and I decided it would be best to go back to my room, alone.

We parted our separate ways without saying a word. Once I was in my room, I sat on the edge of my bed and considered the situation. I suddenly realised that it was all my fault. I shouldn't have neglected Michael for Ashton.

I began crying and hyperventilating. It was all my fault. I had caused Michael and I to fight.

I was so angry at myself, and there was only one way to release that anger.

After a few hours of crying on the bathroom floor after why I had once again done, I cleaned up all the blood and changed into my pjs.

I turned off the lights and crawled under the covers. I was numb. I didn't feel anything as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

The next day, I woke up alone. This was something I was no longer used to. I was sad that Michael hadn't come to see me, and my mood dropped even more when I saw that my phone had no new messages from him.

I rolled out of bed and threw on a pair of black leggings and a big hoodie and made my way down to physics class.

I walked into the classroom and saw Ashton sitting in our normal spot. Instead of walking over and sitting with him, i sat in a seat on the other side of the room. He gave me a confuse look, but as he was about to get up and come talk to me the bell rang.

After class, I went to look for Michael but couldn't find him anywhere.

The rest of the day was very similar. I avoided Ashton at all costs, and Michael was still MIA.

During group therapy, Michael was still absent. Luckily Calum was in there with me, but he had no idea where Michael was either.

As soon as our session ended, I skipped dinner and went back to my room. I went right to bed, trying to forget about the horrible day that had just occurred.

Michael's POV

I slammed my fist into the wall as I closed my door. How could I be so freakin' stupid? How could I just yell at Rebecca like that?

I began throwing things, destroying my room.

It was all my fault. Every last bit of it. I threw my phone and watched the screen shatter into thousands of little pieces.

I suddenly began to panic. I had left Rebecca alone when she was upset. I instantly knew that she would blame herself, she always did. I knew what she would do if I didn't stop her.

I ran across the hall and began pounding on her door, but received no answer. I began yelling her name as the tears escaped my eyes.

I collapsed on the floor against her door as I only imagined what she was doing right then, yet I couldn't stop her.

I was her boyfriend. It was my job to make her happy, to stop her from hurting herself. Not to make her upset, to cause her pain!

I slowly walked back to my room and continued hitting and throwing things.

I threw my lamp at the window and it instantly shattered, leaving glass all over.

Someone obviously noticed, because minutes later the head of the clinic, along with multiple staff members were at my door.

"Michael, what happened?" One of them asked.

I just bawled my hands up into fits and stared at the floor.

"Michael, please tell us."

I continued to stare.

"We're gonna have to move you for a while, away from the other patients. It's for your own good, Michael."

At these words, I once again lost it. I stepped forward and swung my fist.

I felt it collide with someone's jaw, and I instantly retaliated, feeling awful.

"I.. I'm.. I.." I tried to speak, but words failed me.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and someone guiding me out the door. My body was responding to their commands but my mind was elsewhere. All I could think of was Rebecca. I needed to see her before I left, I needed to apologize.

They led me downstairs and to and area I had never been before. I was placed in a solid white room, with nothing more than a bed and a single dresser.

I couldn't believed I had let it get this far. I had been doing so well, I hadn't had a single outbreak since Rebecca and I started dating. Yet here I am. All locked up like some pshyco. Away from Rebecca, away from Luke and Cal. I had really screwed up this time.

A/N I am so incredibly sorry for the long wait! This is my third time writing this chapter, because first my laptop broke and then the wattpad app decided to crash just as I was finishing the chapter... Ugh.. Anyways, I take the SAT for the first time tomorrow and then I have exams in 2 weeks, then I'm off school for the winter holiday! I promise loads of updates then!

So, I'm really curious as to where everyone reading this is from, so please leave a comment telling me your country/state or whatever!

Thanks for reading! Love you! -Rebecca