Chapter 13

My eyes sprung open as I felt an arm wrap itself tighter around my waste. I panicked for a slight moment before realizing that it was Michael. I had fallen asleep in Michael's arms last night. I continued to lay there, enjoying the moment for a little bit longer until I realized what day it was.

"MICHAEL WAKE UP!"  I yelled, a bit louder than intended.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" He asked, sounding worried.

"IT'S CHRISTMAS!" I exclaimed, as I wiggled out of his tight grasp and ran into my bathroom to change.

I timidly walked out, wearing my red Christmas onesie, adorned with penguins and snowflakes. Michael burst out laughing, then jumped out of bed and hugged me.

"How did I end up with a girl as adorable as you?" He chuckled, "By the way, this onesie makes you very soft to hug."

I blushed, and suggested that we head downstairs. Michael grabbed my hand and led the way to the living room where his parents were sitting on the couch by the massive tree wearing matching Christmas sweaters. They were absolutely adorable, and  I couldn't help but laugh at Michael's appalled face as his mom handed him one to match as well.

"Sorry that we don't have one for you, Rebecca, if there had been enough time I would have ordered you one too, but I see that you're already in the Christmas spirit!" Mrs. Clifford said with a warm smile.

I continued to talk to Michael's parents, until we heard someone clear their throat from behind us. I turned around to see Michael wearing the same red and green sweater as his parents, his face bright red and his hands in his pockets.

"I look like a Christmas tree," Michael groaned as he took a seat at the table next to me.

"Well, you look like an adorable Christmas tree then," I said whilst trying to contain my laughter.

A few minutes later, Mrs. Clifford placed a tray of cinnamon rolls on the table, and Michael instantly grabbed two. I wasn't planning on having any, but Michael told me that he wouldn't let me open and presents until I ate. Reluctantly, I took a few bights, to satisfy Michael.

His parents had joined us by now, and we were causally making small talk whilst we waited to open presents.

"So, did you two have fun last night? You looked pretty cozy up there when I went in earlier to get a spare towel from the guest room closet." Mr. Clifford said with a wink.

I blushed madly as Michael choked on his food.

"Dad! Come on, nothing happened okay? I just accidentally fell asleep in there, I was really tired." Michael pleaded with his dad.

Mr. Clifford let out a laugh and said "I know son, I was only messing with you! But your reactions were priceless!"

Michael and I both quickly jumped up and headed back into the living room to avoid the awkward tension that filled the kitchen. I was relieved that nothing from the previous night's conversation had been said, because I honestly did not want to talk about what Michael had seen. His parents once again joined us, and we began opening the piled of presents.

The Cliffords had been so amazing and had gone out and bought me gifts when they found out I was coming, and I felt quite bad because I didn't have anything for them. By the time we were done, I had 2 new sweaters, a new beanie, various CDs, an iTunes giftcard worth $50, and many other small things. I thanked them all numerous times, and promised to bring gifts the next time I visited.

The rest of the day was spent by Michael and I cuddling in the cinema room watching Christmas movies and drinking hot chocolate, despite the warm weather outside. We both dozed off around 4 pm, with my head on Michael's chest, but were woken up a few hours later by Mrs. Clifford snapping a photo. Michael and I literally jumped apart from each other and sat on opposite sides of the couch.Things once again got awkward, but the awkwardness quickly ended when Michael's mom told us that Christmas dinner was on the table.

We walked out to the dining room and were greeted by a lovely feast prepared by Michael's parents. There was turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, and all of your typical Christmas dinner foods. I was actually quite hungry at this time, so I ate more than normal, gaining an approving look from Michael.

After we finished eating Michael leaned over and whispered in my ear. "I have two more presents to give to you, but I kinda want to give them to you in private, so when we get up let's go to my room."

I didn't quite know how to respond. I was very curious, but also nervous. Why did he not want his parents to know?

After helping clear the table, I followed Michael upstairs. His closed his room and began to dig around in this dresser. I was sat on his bed, and I was still very confused.

"Okay so um I know I didn't get you much, and I would have gotten more if I'd have known you were coming sooner and all, but basically what I'm trying to say is that I'm really thankful that you came back into my life and well uh basically I wanted to give you this."  Michael walked over to the bed and placed a jewelry box in my hands.

I just sat there for a minute, staring at Michael.

"Well, are you gonna open it?" He asked, nervously.

"Oh, right, yeah!" I said, embarrassed. I untied the red ribbon holding together the box and lifted off the lid. My jaw dropped as I saw a silver necklace with a heard on it. 

"Michael... you didn't have to get me this.. you didn't have to get me anything.. I just..." I was at a loss for words.

"Yes I did, Rebecca. You mean so much to me, it was the least I could do. Oh, and flip it over and read the back."

I did as he instructed, and gasped as I saw the engraving that read  "Michael and Rebecca, Christmas 2013" As I looked closer, I noticed smaller letters underneath that said "I promise." I knew exactly what Michael meant, and all I could do in response was jump up and hug him. Tears filled my eyes as we embraced each other. I thanked him multiple times before we pulled away, feeling a huge mix of emotions swelling in my mind. 

"I um have one other present for you too... I mean if you don't want it just tell me but I was errr well I kinda was wondering if I.. ummm"

"Michael! Just spit it out!"

"Well... I don't know if you feel the same way.. but..." He began to lean in, eyes fluttering closed.

My heart was racing and I felt my palms getting sweaty. This was it. My first kiss was about to happen. I tried to calm down, as I felt my eyes close and began leaning in. Moments later our lips met, and it was everything I had imagined and more.

Michael's arms were wrapped protectively around my waste, and I instinctively brought mine up around his neck. Every negative thought left my mind, and all I could think about was how happy I was with Michael. How amazing he was. How he always tried to protect me. The kiss only lasted a few seconds, but as we pulled back we were both beaming.

"I uhhh I hope you liked your present." Michael said, a red colour spreading across his cheeks.

"I very much enjoyed it," I said with a giggle.

Suddenly, Michael's lips were back on mine, and I felt him smile as his kissed me for a second time.

"Wow, you don't even know how long I've been waiting to do that," He said with a slight chuckle.

I laughed as he pulled me down onto his bed and under the covers. For the second night in a row I fell asleep with Michael's arms wrapped around me, and it was a feeling that I could definitely get used to.  

A/N Hey guys! I'm so terribly sorry that it took me so long to update, I feel awful! I wish I could say that I was out being social or something, but really I've been extremely busy with homework. I finally found some time to write tonight, so I really hope you like this chapter! Who ships Richael? Haha anyways, I love you guys! Please comment and vote, it would mean so much to me! Rebecca :))