Chapter 19

The rest of my classes, English, math, and history all went about the same as physics. Ashton sat next to me in each class, and we continued to talk and get to know each other.

As soon as the final bell ran signalling the end to our academic classes for the day, I threw all of my stuff in my bag and walked as quickly as I could to the door. I was met by Michael's arms as he pulled me into a tight hug. Tears began flowing out of my eyes, and nothing I did was stopping them.

"What's wrong babe?" Michael questioned, a concerned look plastered on his face.

"Today was just.. It was so hard.. So scary.. I didn't think that I was going to be able to make it through the day..." My voice trailed off as I realised that we were still in public, and that I was attracting the eyes of many other students.

Michael saw my panicked expression, and instantly grabbed my hand and dragged me to his room.

As soon as his closed the door, I burst into tears once again. So many aspects about the day reminded me of my old school, of my past that I had been trying so hard to forget.

Michael sat on his bed and motioned for me to join him. I sat down next to him, but he grabbed me and positioned me so that I was sitting in between his legs, with my back pressed to his chest. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and began to sing.

The notes coming out of his mouth instantly calmed me. I was able to stop crying, and pretty soon I was even smiling.

"Now there's that smile that I love!" Michael exclaimed, poking my stomach, causing me to burst into a fit of giggles.

We spent the next few hours laying in his bed cuddling and watching Netflix until it was time for my therapy session.

Michael didn't have a session that day, since it was Monday, so he offered to walk me to mine. I obliged, and went to the bathroom to freshen up before meeting my new therapist.

Michael and I walked down to the first floor, where we found the room marked "Dr. Redmayne." Michael gave my lips one last peck, and my hand one last squeeze, before knocking on the door.

I was pleasantly surprised when Genevive, the same lady who had greeted me at the airport, opened the door and engulfed me in a hug.

"Well, I guess I'll be going now! Good luck Rebecca, you'll do amazing!" Michael said, before turning and walking off.

Genevieve wiggled her eyebrows at me and stifles a giggle as she led me into her office.

"Please make yourself at home!" She exclaimed, pointing to a blue couch sitting in the middle of the room.

I sat down and she sat in the chair across from me.

"So Rebecca, I've been looking at your files from Dr. Wendy. You've had an incredibly hard past, and I want you to know that I've very proud of you for still being here."

I just sat there staring at her, not sure what to say.

"Anyways, I was instructed to check your wrists, for any new scars.. I know you don't want to show me, but you need to."

I quickly put both of my arms behind my back and shook my head.

"Rebecca, you need to show me. Remember, what is said in here will never leave this room."

Very hesitantly, I put my arms out in front of me, as I'd done many times for Dr. Wendy. Genevieve slowly pushed up my sleeves and examined what she saw.

"Tell me truthfully, how new are these?"

"Less than a week..." I mumbled.

"Would you like to tell me why you did it?" I shook my head and looked at the ground.

"Does Michael know?"

He's the one who stopped me..." I whispered.

A slight smile spread across her face. "He's a good boy, that Michael. I rarely saw him smile before you got here. You two are perfect for each other."

I felt myself blush as I pulled my sleeves back down, covering the ugly scared and bruised skin.

"So you've been clean since then, correct?"

I diverted my gaze and began to pick at my sleeve.

"I take that as a no?"

"Um..." I began, not knowing if I should tell her.

"Please tell me Rebecca, I'm here to help you."

"I did it last night.. And the night before... And almost every night.. But not my wrists. Just my thighs and hips..." I said, barely audible.

"Does Michael know?"

"No, and he doesn't need to.. Please don't tell him!" I begged.

"Don't worry, I won't. But can you tell me why you haven't stopped, even with him wanting you to?"

"I can't. I just can't stop, not can I explain why..." I said as tears spilled from my eyes.

"You can tell me when you're ready, it's okay." She said with a smile.

"Since I know this was your first day, and it must have been really rough, I'm gonna let you go early. You look like you could use some rest. Say hi to Michael for me!" Genevieve told me.

I gave her a weak smile and thank you, before walking to the door. I was shocked to see Michael sitting in the hall, waiting for me.

"How did my princess do in her first therapy session?" I blushed at his words, and was thankful that he didn't mention my tears.

"Ehhh...." I managed to speak "not the best, but ya know..."

"So how about dinner and a movie in my room?" Michael asked.

"Sounds perfect! I need a break from everything!"

"Rebecca it's only been one day! How could you need a break already?"

"It was a rough day okay? I just need one."

My response was met with a smile and an outstretched hand as we walked to the dining hall.

We each grabbed a to-go meal before saying goodnight to the others. I noticed that Luke's arm was around Kirstin. They were honestly too cute.

Once in Michael's room, he handed me one of his t-shirts and a pair of sweatpants.

"Michael I'll just go get my own clothes, it's fine.."

"No wear mine, please?"

"But they're not gonna look 'cute' on me like they would on some small skinny girl.."

"You're right. They're gonna look hot on you, because they won't hang all big and awkwardly. Now go change, and no arguing!"

I silently obliged, and went into the bathroom. I slipped off my hoodie and t-shirt, sliding Michaels's over my head. I then slipped off my jeans, stepping into his grey sweatpants.

I decided to not wear a hoodie for once, and walked back out into Michaels's room.

"Wow. I was right." He said with a wink, before pulling aside the covers for us to get under.

Michael had changed into a pair of similar sweatpants and had removed his shirt.

The sight of his bare chest always took me by surprise, as he was rather fit.

I snuggled up next to him, as his adjusted his laptop and began playing Shrek, one of my favourites.

We watched in silence, Michael absentmindedly playing with my hair, as we both began to doze off.

A/N so sorry for the long wait. I had a really busy week with school, and this morning I woke up feeling incredibly sick... :( I felt so bad for not updating though, that I decided to write.

Please comment and vote! Thanks guys!

Rebecca<3