Chapter 22

A week had passed since Michael and I had our fight. I stopped going to classes and didn't leave my room the whole time.

I found out that Michael had been moved to a solitary room where they could keep an eye on him constantly. Apparently he was 'dangerous to the other patients,' although I had trouble believing that.

I knew Michael had gotten kicked out of his last rehab centre for getting in a fight, but I just couldn't see him potentially harming anyone.

The hardest part about this was that I wasn't allowed to see him or contact him. They insisted that he needed total isolation for a while, to help him calm down.

Another thing that was really bugging me was the fact that no one would tell me what was going on. I had no idea why he was being isolated, but I had heard rumours that he punched the head of the clinic. I didn't believe it though, that just wasn't Michael, or at least the Michael that I thought I knew.

Calum, Luke, and Kirstin had been visiting me pretty frequently. They all seemed the be very worried about me, and about Michael.

They also took turns bringing me good, not leaving until I had eaten enough to satisfy them.

I had begun to get very sick. I was purposely throwing up everything they forced me to eat, and all I ever did was lay in my bed, hating myself, and hating the situation.

One day, about a week and a half after Michael was taken away, there was a knock on my door.

The others all had keys, so I knew it wasn't any of them.

I got up, and slowly walked to the door. On my way I looked in the mirror and instantly looked away. I was a mess. My hair was thrown up in the messiest bun I'd ever seen, and I was wearing a pair of Michael's sweatpants and an old t-shirt.

I opened the door a crack to see who was there. I was incredibly shocked to see Ashton standing on the other side.

"Um hi Rebecca..." He said, staring at the ground.

"Hey Ashton," I quietly murmured "Um why are you here?"

"I wanted to see if you were okay, you haven't been in class, and I was just kinda worried."

"I'm fine, but thank you." I said, trying to imply that I wasn't in the mood to talk.

"Could I.. Er.. Maybe come in or something?" He asked.

I panicked. I was in no state to let anyone see me. I was a mess.

Yet, for some reason, I allowed him to cross the threshold.

He stood there awkwardly, as I sat on the edge of me bed.

"So, how have you been?" He asked.

For some reason, I started laughing. Hysterically, for that matter.

Ashton stood there looking very confused, and highly uncomfortable.

Once I composed myself I quickly apologised, and explained how I was in such a rut at the moment, how it was been one of the worst weeks of my life.

Ashton looked very apologetic, and tried to comfort me the best he could.

It was then that I realised I was only wearing a t-shirt. There was nothing covering my wrists, meaning Ashton was bound to have seen my scars.

I quickly pulled my arms behind my back, and began staring intently at the floor.

An awkward silence took over, as he obviously noticed my sudden gesture.

"It's okay Rebecca. You don't need to hide them."

"Yes I do, they're ugly, and I'm ashamed of myself. You wouldn't understand," I said, barely above a whisper.

"Oh really?" Ashton asked, hesitantly.

He began to remove the large number of bracelets that had been covering his arm, and I let out a slight gasp as I saw what was hidden under them.

"Oh my goodness... Ashton... I'm so sorry... I.. I had no idea.."

"It's okay Rebecca, I'm not mad at you. I just want you to know that I know exact how you feel. I'm always here if you need to talk."

By now, I was crying rather hard, and I ran over and flung myself into Ashton's arms.

After I had calmed down we sat in silence once again, although this time it wasn't as awkward as before.

"I'm sorry that you had to see me like this, looking so ugly I mean.." I said after I noticed Ashton staring at me.

"Don't say that Rebecca. You're not ugly, and you never will be. You're beautiful, and don't ever think otherwise."

His words caused me to blush, but I felt very guilty as thoughts of Michael flooded my head.

My thoughts were disrupted as my bedroom door came in and Calum ran in, put of breath.

He looked very confused seeing me and Ashton sitting so close on my bed, but must have bruised it off.

I was not prepared for the words he spoke next though.

A/N sorry for the cliffhanger and the extremely late update! I had final exams this week, and had to take 8 tests within 4 days, but I managed to do well on all but one of them (that would be physics)! I'm now on winter break so I'll have loads of time to update!

I really enjoyed the comments on the last chapter, I can believe that people from all over the world are reading this! This weeks question is, which 5SOS boy is your favourite and why?

Thanks for reading! xx