Theory D

PIPER

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I take a deep breath, and start rubbing my temples.

"I'm guessing that last one." I say with my eyes staring hard down at the ground.

"So, you and Leo dated," I cringe. "Before you met Jason, and the mist altered your memories, your sappy, romantic, cliché feelings for Leo remained, just transferred to Jason." She starts sharpening her cavalry sword on a stone wheel. Where she got the old fashioned sharpening stone wheel, I have no idea.

"Sounds about right."

Hazel's door bursts open and standing there... Is that Rachel?

"Piper, who I believe to be Hazel, you gotta come up stairs." She pants with a worried, scared, and hopeless looming her face. I stand up.

"Why, what happened?"

"Leo fell overboard."

********

I push Rachel out of my way and toss a quick "Sorry Rach!" Over my shoulders as I run up the stairs over to where everyone is crowded.

"Outta my way. Get out if my way!" I scream rudely at them, and push to the front.

"Piper, come on we need to-" I don't get to hear the rest of Jason's speech because I'm diving off of the bow, and falling down to catch up with Leo.

"LEO!" I scream as I'm right falling into place right next to him.

"OH MY GODS PIPER WHY THE HELL ARE YOU HERE?" He screams back.

"IF YOU FALL, I FALL!"

"TOGETHER OR NOT AT ALL! NOW WE'RE BOTH GONNA DIE! PIPER, YOU'RE THE SINGLE MOST IDIOTIC PERSON I'VE EVER MET!" I laugh.

"I KNOW RIGHT?!" He smiles and we high five.

"SO WHAT'S YOUR BIG PLAN TO SAVE THE DAY?"

"CHARM SPEAKING THE GOD OF WIND!" I know it sounds weird, but it's the best I got so far.

"You were just about to push the wind currents up towards the Argo II, and land us on the deck in safety." I say using the best charm speak I can muster.

"HOLY CRAP IT WORKED!" Leo grabs me by the shoulders and hugs me tight. I bury my face in his shoulder for a brief moment, and we let go of each other.

"You know what would be totally awesome?" He says with a huge grin.

"What?"

"If when we got up there, we were doing a lotus with our eyes shut, looking like we came out of a Chinese zen movie!"

"Oh my gods YES!"

We do exactly that.

"Miss me?" I say as we climb aboard the ship, safely.

"How'd you pull it off?" Rachel asks with bright eyes.

"I charm spoke the wind current."

I can't say any more because Jason storms over to me looking as pissed as Frank when somebody ate all the powdered doughnuts before he woke up. Bad buffet man. Bad buffet.

"What the fuck did you think you were doing?" He bellows.

"I was saving Leo, and baby look, I got us both safely - "

"You almost got yourself killed! What did you think you were doing, commuting suicide?!"

"Whoa, Jason, I was not,"