Breakups and Makeups

LEO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

Piper storms off closely followed by Hazel and Rachel.

"Jason, I am really sorry for blacking out and falling overboard. I did not mean to fall, or have you guys break up, I just was getting word on monsters in the area, and I was hit by a huge memory, and - "

"It's okay Leo. You don't need to explain. It's not your fault, it's mine. I yelled at her, and she didn't yell back until I yelled at her twice, so she gave me two chances to stop and be grateful that you guys are still alive. I was just really scared that we would lose you, Piper, Percy, and Annabeth all in one day. I lashed out." I pat his shoulder and get out Annabeth's knife.

"Come on. We got monsters to kill." Right on cue, the monsters land on deck, probably carried by the strong upward wind current that Piper charm spoke into existence.

Jason flips his coin, I put away the knife and conjure a fire ball, Nico whips out his sword, Hedge readies his - wait, when did Hedge get here? -club like a baseball bat, and Frank turns into a ferret. Or is that a weasel?

I don't tell Jason about what I remembered though, as we charge into battle.

It's making me uncomfortable, especially because Piper and Jason just broke up. It was of me and Piper, sneaking up behind coach Hedge, and setting his pants on fire with a cigarette lighter, which I remember as a mist memory. But once Hedge was screaming bloody murder, Piper and I slipped into the gathering crowd, she placed her hands on my chest, and my arms found their way around her waist, and we kissed. And the memory doesn't have any uncomfortable feelings, just me thinking "Liar, liar, pants on fire,".

I shiver.

I throw my fireball at the gorgon, and she explodes into yellow dust. I conjure a mini vacuum cleaner from my tool belt, and suck up the dusty gorgon, and dump her over board, her "ashes" scattering in the wind. If a mortal saw me, it would look like I was scattering someone's cremated ashes into the wind.

I toss the now human Frank the vacuum to clean up the basilisk.

He does exactly what I just did, and we high five.

Jason plunges his sword into the dragon, and Frank tosses him the vacuum.

Once the basilisk he hurried over to help Nico and Hedge with the Minotaur.

The Minotaur charges, and they side step. As the Minotaur is running toward the edge, Nico puts out his sword, and slices one of his horns clean off.

Since he was about to crash into the bridge any way, the Minotaurs remains scatter themselves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PIPER

"Can you believe this guy? I mean, I save his best friends fricking life, and all he does is shout at me!"

"He completely lashed out at you, and didn't even show any concern! He only told the guys his plan to save Leo, and not us! Why the Hades would he do that?!" Hazel and Rachel appear to be just as mad as I am.

"When he yelled at me, I didn't like it."

"Well no duh, he yelled at you." Rachel says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Well, when my dad used to tell at me, I loved it."

"What?"

"Yes, I know it sounds weird, but my dad is Tristan McLean, he has no time for me anymore - "

"Your dad is Tristan McLean?" Rachel asks, with an awed expression on her face.

"Yeah,"

"Oh my gods, we've had him over for dinner!"

"What? No,"

"Yeah! I'm Rachel Elizabeth Dare, yes Dare!"

"You're one of the Dare's? No way! We used to play together as little kids!"

"I remember now! Then you guys moved to California for your dad's career!"

"And I kept on moving."

"Anyway, can we get to the point?" Hazel interrupts.

"What? Oh yeah, right. So, my dad's a movie star, and he didn't really have a lot of time for me. So I would pull all these stunts and commit minor crimes, like breaking into school after hours, charm speaking a guy at a car dealership to let me borrow a BMW, charm speaking a museum night watch to let me play with the exhibits,"

"What?"

"Never mind. But my dad would come home from work, and he'd yell at me, and lecture me, and tell me how irresponsible I was for and hour, or even hours at a time. When he yelled at me, I had him all to myself. And he was focused on me, and only, and what I did that day. It felt great! Then I would conjure up some fake tears, and my sad being the softie that he was, would stop yelling, take the rest of the day off from work, and we'd go do something together, just the two of us. But when Jason yelled at me, I had never really been yelled at before. And it hurt. I hated it." It's all true.

"I feel like I should go talk to him."

"No! Piper, you broke up with him! Even if you only did it because you were really mad, and just acted in the heat of the moment, you at least both need some space. Don't screw this up with Jason. Just take some time off, let him come to you. He's the one who really needs to apologize." I nod my head at Rachel's advice.

"Hey, Rachel, can I show you something?"

"Uh, sure. Why not?" Hazel and Rachel link arms and leave my cabin.

I see an Iris Message in front of me, and walk towards it to see the scene better.

I'm nearly knocked off my feet by what I see, and my hand flys to my mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry if anybody ships Jiper! They will make up soon enough, I promise!

Not a very interesting chapter, sorry I'm all washed out.

Questions: Why are Piper and Rachel only remembering that they're childhood friends just now?

What is Hazel going to show Rachel?

Is Piper getting an Iris message from Camp?

Who Iris Messaged Piper?

Why did the Iris Message schlock her?

Thank you for reading, commenting and voting! Make sure to read, comment, vote, and follow! Thank you!

See you later Crocodile!

~ Maggie