Chapter 2 - Officer Smart Ass

I walked a little ways into the woods from camp grabbing bad wood to use for my arrows since I couldn't use the good stuff because that was used for the fire. I found some big old pieces and headed back to camp sitting on a log taking my knife out starting to carve into the wood. After about and hour or so I finished four arrows putting them with the rest of them, and grabbing my bow.
"Where are you going?" Lori looks over as I was about to walk into the woods.
"To hunt, what's it look like?" I said rolling my eyes but before I could turn around she stopped me grabbing my shoulder.
"No, Carl's down with Shane at the lake, Dales keeping watch, and I'm boiling the water."
"Your point here?" I said crossing my arms
"I need you here to look out for the camp, your brothers are gonna be back soon, then go." She said as I my arms were still crossed and I lifted an eyebrow, thinking.
"Fine, but I'm going for a minute to look around then I'll be back." She nodded and I started walking, she was always bothering me, like I was her kid. Sometimes it was a pain in the ass, but at least I know she's trying. After I found out she was screwing Shane I promised her I wouldn't tell anyone so we became I guess you could say "close." Until right as I was about to leave the van pulled up and everyone hugged in rejoicing being together. I noticed Carl look down as he came back up the hill with Shane all wet with no frogs. Until I saw some sheriff guy come out and Carl ran to him screaming dad. They hugged and I got happy for Carl but after I was introduced to "Rick" I looked around not seeing Merle.
"Where the hell is Merle?" I ask motioning to T-dog. He looks down at the ground and I see Rick walk toward me.
"Who is Merle to you?" He asked
"My brother." He looked nervous
"I don't know how to say this but your brother was a threat, so I cuffed him to a roof." My blood was boiling, sure Merle was a total asshole all the time but he and Daryl were only things I had left.
"So let me get this straight... Your saying you hand cuffed my brother to a roof, and you left him there!" I was yelling at the guy and he was backing up away from me.
"Yeah." He said and before I could swing my arm at him I remember Daryl, he gonna be pissed. I knew if I didn't leave I would end up killing this guy so I started to walk into the woods looking for Daryl knowing he would deal with it. I was walking for about five minutes until I came across a dead deer with a walker eating it as I noticed three of Daryls arrows sticking out of the deers side. We haven't seen a walker up here in the mountains so I didn't want to alarm the group as I aimed my bow at its head and shot it as it fell on top of the dead deer. Suddenly I heard rustling coming from the bushes as I aimed my bow up at the noise. The object finally came into frame and it was Daryl.
"Son of a bitch!" He yelled as I lowered my bow
"That my dear!" And as he was getting angrier, the group came running I'm guessing from his yelling and saw the scene.
"Filthy, Disease bearing, motherless POXY BASTARD!" He yelled kicking the dead walker as I laughed quietly to what he said.
(Daryl Dixion everyone😂)
"What the hell ya'll starin at?" He sounded really pissed.
"Calm down son." Dale said to Daryl and he walked over to Dale getting all up in his face.
"What do you know about it old man! Why don't you take that stupid hat and go back to on golden pond!" Everyone just looked away but I was silently laughing inside even though that was kind of mean. Amy looked like she was about to barf from the walker and Andrea comforted her. Shane and Carl were soaked from the lake with Rick and Lori right next to them.
"I've been tracking this deer for miles, gonna take it back to camp!" He said pulling out his arrows
"What do you think, cut around this part right here?" He said swirling his hand above the non eaten deer part.
"We shouldn't risk it." Shane said to Daryl as he kicks the walker one more time and I pull my bow out of its brain.
"Nice to see you too." I said wiping the slime off my arrow.
"Yeah, but I got squirrels." He said lifting his shoulder up showing me the squirrels on his back.
"Great." He starts to walk back to the camp, but I knew I would have to tell him.
"MERLE GET YOU UGLY ASS HERE I GOT SQUIRRELS!" He yelled to the R.V cause usually Merle naps in their.
"Daryl I have to tell you something." I said noticing him to put the squirrels down.
"Officer smart ass over there cuffed him to a roof." I said motioning to Rick. He jumped up and basically ran to him but Shane stepped in front of him and swung his arm but they both ducked.
"DARYL!" I yelled and that got everyone's attention. 'Oops'
"Listen, he's not dead, I chained the door so the geeks couldn't get him." T-dog said fiddling with his hands.
"Then we gotta go back." Daryl said grabbing his bow but I run in front of him before he leaves.
"Daryl, stop for a minute." He first tries to push me away but I go back in front of him.
"DARYL, just wait a sec dam it!" He finally stopped
"WHAT I HAVE TO GET MERLE!" He yelled at me and I raised my eyebrow at him
"First of all don't yell at me like dad did it really pisses me off. Second you need to chill the fuck out, T said he chained the door so they can't get at him. Knowing Merles dumb ass he probably deserved it." He cut me off
"Jessica, are you seriously fucking siding with them?! He's your brother!"
"And so are you! I don't want you or anyone getting hurt for his dumb ass!" He looked down and back at everyone else but I put my hand on his face making him look eye to eye with me.
"I'm pissed to, but that doesn't mean you can go all ape shit on me, I'm going with you so let's go but first I need to know your chill."
He nodded as Rick, T, me, Daryl, and Glenn get going.
"Jess, if we don't find Merle don't be surprised if I end up killing officer smart ass." I smiling shaking my head as Rick starts the gas and we drive off back to Atlanta.