Chapter 14 - Randall

-3 days later and everyone's basically asleep- (still Jessica's Pov)

"What do you think is gonna happen to Randall?" Carl asked me as we were sitting on Hershel's porch.
"I don't know and don't care." He seemed shocked
"You don't care?" He asked
"No."
"Dam." He said under his breath
"What?"
"You and Daryl are related." I chuckled
"What do you mean?"
"I heard him tell Dale he doesn't give a shit what happens to him either."
"Well that's because we really don't. Why should I anyway?" I asked Carl
"I don't know." He replied sounding disappointed
"Ok then." I noticed in the corner of my eye that Shane went to watch over Randall but he went inside.
'Shit.' I thought to myself and knew he was up to no good and Shane was the one who wanted him dead so I though of an excuse to leave Carl.
"Hey Carl, I have to go."
"Why?"
"Sorry I have to use the bathroom." I said and he laughed
"Sorry."
"It's ok, but it might be a while so you should go to bed. I'll see you in the morning." I said kissing his cheek.
"Ok fine and tmi." He said and I smiled at him as he stood up leaving. Obviously I didn't really have to go, so I waited for him to go in his tent and I snuck off to the shed they were keeping Randall to see what Shane was up too. Before I left I made sure I had my knife just incase. I made my way to the shed listening in on their conversation. I heard Shane telling Randall that he wanted to join his group and how ours was going soft and we wouldn't make it, which I call bullshit because he knew we were all tough so I kept listening. Until I jumped to the door slamming open and I peaked around to see Shane walking with Randall. He wasn't tied up and didn't have his blind fold on. They were walking. I followed them into the woods. I tried to stay aways away incase I stepped on something causing it to make a sound. Randall was going on and on about how Shane was going to fit in with his group and some stupid shit like that. Until Shane graded his neck and snapped in casing him to fall on the ground and I was shocked. Why would Shane kill him out here? And why lie to him? I started to step backwards seeing Randall's body lay on the ground and I was in shock. But I saw Shane about to run his face into a tree an then it hit me but as it did I stepped on a branch and it snapped causing him to stop.
'Shit.' I thought to myself. He was trying to make it look like Randall escaped, that's why he was about to slam his face into the tree to make is seems like Randall attempted to kill him. But before I could run I felt hands grab me and slam me on the ground as I cried quietly in pain as my side hurt like a bitch. They grabbed my hands behind me and tied them together. Suddenly the person flipped me over and he was on top of me. I come to see it was.............
Shane.
"What the hell Shane!" I yelled but he put his hand over my mouth so I couldn't scream anymore.
"Why the hell did you follow me?" He asked releasing his hand from my mouth.
"Untie me asshole."
"Why did you follow me?" He asked again
"Because I know you, and knew you were planning on doing something like this. I just didn't know what." I said spitting in his face.
"Oh yeah, well since you know what just happened I guess you can't really go back now can you?" He said and a shiver went down my spine.
"What are you talking about?"
"Well, you know what I did so I'm gonna have to get rid of you. I'll just make up some stupid lie how Randall killed you or something."
"Your fucking insane."
"Maybe, but before I kill you I wanna have fun first." He said and I tensed up knowing what he was thinking. But before I could scream he put his hand over my mouth again attempting to take off his belt. I knew what he was gonna do and I do not plan on dying like this. So I tried to reach for my knife in my pocket until he saw me and pulled it out.
"Oh, trying to leave? Not today sweet heart." He said throwing my knife across the woods. I saw he got his belt off and pulled his pants down to his knees. Before he took his boxers off he grabbed my pants attempting to pull them down with one hand as I squirmed.
"Don't fight, it will be worse." He said but I didn't listen. He pulled my pants down most of the way and started to take off my shirt. He pulled out a small knife cutting it off since he couldn't pull it over me. I tried to sit still knowing if I moved he would cut me. I already have a one on my side I don't need one down my stomach. After that I was basically freezing with just having a bra and underwear on. But as he started to pull down his boxers their was a loud bang and his body fell on top of me. And I couldn't scream or do anything. I was paranoid by it. I was just crying, I could feel blood on my stomach hoping it wasn't mine. I look up to see Carl standing heir with a gun in his hands pointing it at Shane's now dead body.
"Jessica." He whispered and threw Shane's body off of me and held me in his arms as I cried. He cut my hands loose and I jump into his arms again.
"What the hell happened out here!" He said trying not to yell
"Sh-Shane tried t-t-to." But he stopped my stuttering
"No stop I got it." He said and I wrapped my arms around his neck and he put his hands around my waist.
"How did you find me?" I asked still crying but kind of getting control.
"I heard screaming and I know you were going to the bathroom so I went out to see if you were ok and I saw you going into the woods. I ran to you but I guess I wasn't fast enough. I'm sorry." He said and I stopped him and just kissed him.
"No, you saved me." I said and he wiped my tears away.
"If only I would have sooner." He said as I was still holding onto him. After calming down a bit I realized how cold I was and started shivering.
"Here." He said giving me his jacket since I was basically naked and he helped me up and I pulled up my pants.
"Come on, I have to get you back." He said and I nodded as he took my hand and we walked back.