Chapter 12 - She's Up

Daryl's P.O.V
After Shane got back I didn't even try to sleep. I wanted to be their when she woke up like I promised so I take no chances and stay up waiting for Hershel to come out. Some brown haired girl I saw before but never spoke to said I could stay in the house and wait since after all I am her brother. I sat on the couch for what felt like forever and finally he came out.
"Well." I said before he could even shut the door.
"She was hanging by a thread. But I saved her, she will be fine but it will take her some time to heal. The drugs are still in her so she won't be awake for at least two hours." I felt so relieved and I went outside to my tent to sleep for a little bit since it was like probably two in the morning.
-1 hour later-
I couldn't sleep, all I could think was if she woke up without me. I layer their just starting at her crossbow wishing this was the other way around. The girl with brown hair, or Maggie I figured out her name was came to my tent and I immediately jumped up to see Jessica. I made it just in time because her eyes still weren't open but she was kinda awake.
"Jess." I said to her as she slowly lifted her eyes. She smiled at me and I smiled back knowing she would be ok.
"How are you feeling?"
"A ray of sunshine. I feel like shit Daryl what the hell do I look like I feel?" I chuckle at her comment. She hated when I stated the obvious but I did it anyway.
"Where's Carl, Rick, T-dog? They don't know I'm here."
"Don't worry Rick went back to get them, their all outside. That's how Carl only saw you because he was with me when I got you here. Rick and Shane were here to. Shane got the supplies for your surgery and Rick is outside sleeping with everyone else."
"Why aren't you sleeping?" She asked me concerned
"I told you I'd be here when you wake up." She smiled at me
"Daryl I love you but go get some sleep, you look terrible."
"Saids the girl who just go shot only 10 hours ago."
"Yes but I have to be here, go I will be fine." She said and I finally gave in realizing how heavy my eyes felt. I get up kissing her head again and leaving as Hershel walked in.
"I'm just checking on her don't worry you get some sleep." I nodded and walked back to my tent. I unzipped in laying down in my sleeping bag closing my eyes and immediately fell asleep.

Carl's P.O.V
When I told my dad I was ok with going to bed I really wasn't. I couldn't stop think about her though. If she was ok, I've been tossing and turning just thinking. I heard the door open at the house and knew it was Daryl going to his tent. I ran out of my tent and caught up to him before he went inside his tent.
"Daryl?"
"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" He asked me rubbing his eyes
"Yeah, but you know I can't stop think about her."
"I know, don't worry the surgery went fine, you can go see her."
"Really? I can?"
"You better go before I change my mind." He said and I ran inside to her room seeing it was open and some lady crying in their kitchen with the blond girl comforting her. Beth I think her name was but I didn't really care at the moment and went into Jessica's room. Hershel was their talking to her and I knocked as they both looked at me standing their at the door.
"Hey Carl." She said and I could tell she was tired.
"I'll be back in a minute to check on you ok?"
"Thanks." She said and he left me and Jess alone. I sat down in the chair next to her bed where I'm guessing Daryl was sitting.
"How are you?"
"Besides the fact I got shot ok I guess?" She said and I smiled weakly.
"Are you ok?" She asked me
"Your worried about me?" I asked
"Yes."
"Why? Your the one who got shot." I said and she smiled at me as I smiled back.
"Well, at first I felt like I was gonna puke, then I felt exhausted, now I'm happy."
"Well dam Carl you got issues." She said sarcastically and I just shook my head laughing
"Yeah I know."
"Is Daryl sleeping?" She asked me
"I think so, I heard him come out and I asked him if I could see you and he looked terribly tiered. So he's probably sleeping." I said back and she look relieved
"Good, he needs to sleep."
"How's your lip?" I asked trying to break the silence
"So I just had surgery for being shot in the fricken apocalypse and your worried about my lip? Carl you fascinate me." I chuckle at her comment
"I try too." I said back
"But seriously though?" She sighed
"Carl my lip is fine, now my wound not so much." She said motioning to her side.
"That must of hurt like a bitch." I said and she nodded
"Well I think it would have more of I didn't black out." She said and I totally forgot about that.
"Oh yeah." Their was a silence in the room u until I leaned over and kissed her and she kissed back.
"I love you." I said to her and she just smiled
"I love you too." She said back and I waked out of her room and Hershel walked in.

Jessica's P.O.V
Just as Carl left Hershel came in and I knew what was coming up.
"Hi Jessica." He said shutting the door.
"Do you really have to take it off again?"
"Yes, I have to make sure it doesn't get infected." I sighed, he had to take the badge off and pour this liquid on it to keep if form getting infected which burns like a bitch.
"Before you do it could you get Carl?"
"Sure." He said and I heard him tell Carl what was happening and he came back in the room.
"Here, hold my hand." He said and I gripped his hand tightly waiting for the burning sensation to come.
"You ready?" Hershel asked and I nodded my head. And as he poured it on my wound I could feel my skin burning. It was like he was lighting it on fire.
"GOD DAM IT THAT HURTS!" I yelled and grabbed Carl's hand tighter.
"It's ok Jess he's done." He said and Hershel gave me a new bandage as the pain very slowly went away.
"Thanks." I said to Carl letting go of his hand now bright red from me grabbing it really hard.
"Anything for my girlfriend." He said winking shutting the door and I just smiled.