Chapter 46 - Lets Talk

Carl's P.O.V

I woke up to the baby crying. My dad gave me some tips on when I had to feed the baby since Beth used to always do it when Judith was little. I see Jessica was already up getting a bottle for him so I got up and picked him out of the crib rocking him. He didn't calm down at but I think that was only because he was hungry. She came back with a bottle in her hands.

"Hey I didn't think you'd be up." She whispered.

"I got it." She said

"No, after what you did and I wasn't there you need sleep." I said grabbing the bottle from her hands and putting it in his mouth.

"Carl, if you didn't push me out of the way we might not be here now. Ethan could be hurt or worse." She said

"I know but now I have one eye." I said

"I don't care. I think you look sexier with that bandage." She said wrapping her arms behind me.

"Thanks but I prefer two eyes. Having one makes things kinda makes things dizzy sometimes." I said

"Maybe but he has your eyes you know." She whispered while Ethan ate the bottle slowly falling asleep.

"True, but he has your hair. Think and brown." I whispered back

"Yes but you have thick brown hair too." She said

"Jess, just roll with me on this." I said putting Ethan back in the crib.

"I can't help it our son looks like you." She said as we got back into the bed.

"I'm not complaining." I said smiling.

"He's kinda a Carl.Jr." She saids chucking slightly.

"Whatever you say Jess."

"So are we gonna tell them tomorrow?" She asked

"I don't know. I think with Ethan being so small now we should wait a little bit then tell them." I said

"Ok good night." She said

"Good night." I say back.

~Morning~

Jessica's P.O.V

I woke up and see Carl and Ethan aren't there. I head down the stairs to see Rick, Daryl, Carol, Michonne, Carl, and Ethan all talking.

"Good morning." Carol said handing me a plate of eggs.

"Yeah if you say so." I said sitting at the table.

"Didn't sleep much?" Rick asked

"Not with Ethan. But the 20 minutes I did sleep were nice." I say sarcastically

"You didn't help her out Carl?" Rick asked

"No he did, it's just hard giving birth and have your boyfriends eye shot out the same night." I said

"Yeah that doesn't sound fun." Carol joked.

"How are you feeling?" Daryl asked me

"I'm fine. What about you?" I asked

"Why are you worried about me?" He asked

"Because my brother just blew up a lake and saw his little sister have a baby with a boy you never liked all in one night." I said

"Very funny." Daryl said and we all laugh.

"Hey Daryl, can I talk to you?" Carl suddenly spoke up.

"Whatever." He said and they left the room. Carl handed me Ethan and they went outside onto the porch. Michonne and Rick went into the living room with Judith.

"Hey Carol could you get me a bottle for Ethan?" I asked her

"Sure." She said grabbing a pre made one from the fridge.

"When did you do that?" I asked feeding him.

"That night, as soon as I found out I knew you would need them so I got a few done." She said sitting next to me.

"Thanks." I said

Daryl's P.O.V

Carl said he wanted to talk to me. So we go outside and he sits on the porch swing and I sit next to him. It was kinda weird seeing em with the bandage over his eye. He looked so nervous he was sweating.

"Somethin wrong? You seem nervous?" I asked

"I have to ask you a question." He said

"Ok well..."

"I wanna marry Jessica. And I wanted to ask for your permission." He said.

"Oh." I said. I wasn't completely shocked but I was. I mean I knew they loved each other but marriage? I never though about my little sister getting married and having a baby. On top of that being in the apocolypse.

"Ok." I said standing up.

"Ok?" He asked

"You can marry her. But if you break her heart or the babies in any way I will kill you." I said. He nods and goes back inside. I stay outside thinking of what just happened.