Chapter 50 - Who The Fuck Is This?

Daryl's P.O.V

So Jessica and Carl got back last night and the boy finally proposed. She showed me the ring and they immediately went up to their room. The ring was actually really nice, so I mean as long as she's happy right? It was about 9 o'clock in the morning and me and Rick were getting ready for the run. Jessica and Carl went over to Maggie's to get Ethan. They came back and I had by stuff ready.

"Leavin already?" She asked

"Yeah, wanna get this shit done ya know?" I said

"True, here hold him for a sec." She said handing me Ethan. She and Carl walked away and I had Ethan. They were already starting to move into their new house so their was boxes of their shit everywhere. They walk up the stairs and get some boxes putting them down stairs. Ethan looked just like her in my opinion. But she saids he looks like Carl. Whatever. So I hold him while he stares back at me. He was pretty cute in my opinion. I was already outside the house waiting for Rick to finish talking to Maggie. He came back and saw me with Ethan.

"He looks like her." He said walking next to me.

"Yeah, but she don't think so. Thinks he looks more like Carl." I said

"Yeah, so you ready?" He asked

"Let's go, I'll go give Jessica Ethan." I said and went back inside to Jessica and Carl talking in the kitchen.

"Hey I'm leavin." I said handing her Ethan.

"Yeah, hope you find somethin." She said and hugged me with Ethan.

"Be safe." She said as I walked away.

"I know." I said back shutting the door. Me and Rick got a car and Eugene gave us a map explaining some shit I wasn't paying attention to.

"Thanks." I said grabbing the map. Rick slowly drives away and we look at each other weird

"You get any of that?" He asked

"Hell no." I replied and he laughed slightly. We drive for like an hour and a half and pull up to this big storage locker. We both break the chain and open it up. It looked like a huge truck so we opened it up to reveal a shit tone of stuff and thangs.
(😂😂😂)
"Jack pot." I say as we get the the front of this truck. I hot wire the engine getting it to work. It thankfully had some gas so we take the gas outta the old car and put it in this truck. We drive outta there and eat some chips while Rick drives. We talk about stupid shit and then after about 30 minutes pull up to this convince store. It looked like shit but we decided to check it out anyway. The doctor Denise requested soda if we found any so I see this vending machine and tell Rick my plan. We hook it up to the truck and yank it up. I put my hand through the broken front and pull out three cans of orange Fanta sodas.

"Special request, from the doctor." I say handing Rick a drink.

"She saved Carl's life. She can have whatever she wants." He said and he poked a hole in the can and we drank outta it. Suddenly as we both bend down to pick up something some guy runs into Rick causing em to fall. I shoot up and point my gun a this guy. He had a rag over his face and put his hands up.

"Woah don't shoot, just running from the dead." He said breathing slightly heavy. Rick stood up and pointed his gun as well.

"Better hurry, bout 20 of em coming this way." He said

"What's your name?" Rick asked

"My real names Paul, but my friends call me Jesus."

"Yeah ok." I said. He said he was looking for his group. He didn't have any guns. He ran off suddenly and then Rick feels around in his pocket.

"He took the keys!" He yelled and we look back to see the truck started. We run to it but we are too slow. We chase after it for as long as we can and we lose it having basically no choice but to stop. We catch our breath and drink another can. We start running again and a little bit later find the truck and we see him. We slow up and sneak up behind him. I jump from behind him ripping him off his knees throwing him to the ground. I kick him in the side and Rick does as well. Rick holds him down and I tie him up.

"Case ya get thirsty." I said throwing a can at him. Me and Rick get back in the car and start driving. I put my feet up on the dash board and roll down the window.

"So long ya prick!" I yell and Rick just shakes his head. After about 10 minutes there was a loud noise from the roof.

"Think that som bitch is on the roof!" I yell.

"Hold on." Rick said and slams the break. Suddenly Jesus falls in front of the truck on the ground. He starts to run but Rick starts the car again. I jump out and chase after him.

"Daryl!" He yelled but I didn't listen. We run around for like 5 minutes until Rick stops and gets out. I didn't see him but Jesus ran into the truck and tries to start it. I am about to punch him until he saids

"Duck." And I duck down and see theirs a walker behind me.

"Thanks." I grunt and punch him smacking MY gun that he took outta his hands. He passes out and Rick comes up behind me. We end up falling out and I guess Jesus hit something because the truck started going backwards. Rick tried to stop it but it was too late. The truck crashed into the lake and me and Rick both sigh.

"Son of a bitch." I say and we grab Jesus and tie him up again. We drag him to this ware house and find a car. It was thankfully working and so we put him in the car. We start heading back until we drive by this guy. He was walking slow like a walker and Rick stops and jumps out of the car. He runs out and tackles the guy. As soon as I get out I see who it was. We all look at each other in disbelief. My mind was not believing what I was seeing.

"How the hell are you alive?" I say pointing my gun at him.

"Listen man I can explain." He said and I put my gun down.

Shane...............................................