Chapter 42 - Promise Me.

Kirsten P.O.V

After I stormed out of the house pissed off at the world even more I bump into Glenn.

"Hey you ready?" He asked and I notice everyone was already at the van ready to go.

"Yeah just uh let me uh grab my uh bag." I stuttered heading back to the house to grab my bag. Jessica was sitting on the couch with Carl.

"Kirsten can I ask you something before you go?" She asked me while I grabbed my bag from my room.

"Be quick." I said

"Promise me you won't tell anyone?" She asked

"I guess so."

"And you'll come back?"

"I can't make that promise anymore Jessica. But if I could I would." I said walking out feeling guilty. I usually don't say things like that and just to lay it on her like that I felt bad. I tried to shake it off with it being my first run in a while. Aided drove and Nicholas was in the passengers seat. Me, Tara, Eugene, and Glenn were in the back. Eugene came because we needed supplies that only he knew what they looked like and Tara came to protect him. We make it to the ware house and go inside. It looked clear and so we looked around these huge crates. Suddenly I heard moans.

"Get down!" I whisper yelled to everyone. We all duck but they saw us. Nicholas's dumb ass starts shooting the three causing a swarm of them to come out from the corner.

"You idiot!" I yelled at him hit belfry he could reply he shot this one walker.

"NO!" Glenn yelled and I saw what he did. There was a bomb sticking out of the walkers pocket and of course Nicholas shoots it causing a huge explosion. We all fly back and I hit my head. Not to hard but I see Tara on the ground.

"Glenn!" I yelled and Eugene came over.

"She hit her head! She's bleeding bad!" I yelled and suddenly their was this ear piercing scream.

"Stay with her! Protect her!" I said handing Eugene a machete. He had a gun but just in case.
I run over to see Aidan shoulder inside a long pole sticking out of him. We all run to him. He was crying in pain.

"Shhhh their coming!" I whisper yelled.

"I can't it hurts!" He complained.

"We have to pull him out." Glenn said.

"Well we have to be quick, there coming!" I said

"Nick come on!" I said and we go around Aidan about to pull him off.

"On three." Glenn said and counts down to three

1.... 2 ..... 3!

He said and we pull. He screamed and the walkers heard. They came for us as we tried one more time.

"It's not gonna work!" Nicholas yelled.

"It has too!" Glenn yelled back.

"No." He said and ran away from us

"NICK GET YOUR UGLY ASS BACK HERE NOW!" I yelled but I was too late. Walkers were inches from us and we duck having no choice. Glenn grabs my arm dragging me away while they devour Aidan as he screams. We find Eugene, Tara, and Nicholas in this office shutting the door.

"What the hell man?!" Glenn yelled at Nicholas.

"Glenn we can't go back we have to worry about her." I said looking at Tara still passed out with a bandage on her head.

"She's bleeding bad. If we don't get back soon she'll die." Eugene said

"We gotta go!" Nicholas yelled.
We made a plan and so me, Glenn, and Nicholas distracted the walkers from Eugene and he carried her outside to the van.
We ran to the front of the store place and they went back. We ran until we got to these revolving doors and had no choice but too go in them because walkers were coming from everywhere. We were each in a different door. Nicholas was freaking out and honestly on the inside I was too.

"What are we gonna do? We're gonna die. We're gonna die." He said over and over.

"Shut up!" I yelled as the walkers tried getting to us through the doors.
Glenn made a plan but Nicholas looked terrified. The first part of the plan worked and Nicholas got out. He didn't lead them away. He ran to the van leaving us. And since his door was in front of mine it opened mine causing walkers to swarm in. I got pushed against the door by them as they sunk their teeth into my back and shoulder. I cried in pain and I looked in Glenn's eyes as he started to cry. They ripped and pulled my skin causing me to cry out louder than I ever had. Their teeth ripped and pulled me to pieces until I felt nothing anymore.

I was gone.

Glenn's P.O.V
I watched her get torn to pieces by the walkers. Right in front of me. I couldn't do anything. I started to cry but remembered I had to get back to the van to kill Nicholas. I somehow slipped through the doors while they torn her to pieces. I run back to the van as fast as I could. I see Nicholas punching Eugene and I stop him.

"What the hell man!?!?" I yelled at him. He jumped into the car and I followed him. I punch him so hard he knocks out. I put him in the back with Eugene and Tara as we ride back in silence.

"She's gone?" Eugene asked. I didn't reply. Just drove. Driving back I had a few years roll down my face. We pull up and the gates open. I get out of the van and storm out.

"Glenn?" I heard Jessica's voice come from behind me as I open the back. She just stands their watching Eugene, Nicholas, and Tara come out as Denise takes Tara to the medical room. Jessica looks at me then at Carl. I see everyone from our group looking at me. Jessica drops to the ground on her knees crying. Carl was right behind her but she didn't move. She just cried and cried in the ground. I started to cry as well until Maggie came over hugging me. Rick looked at me and shook his head. I shook back and he looks over at Daryl. Carl and Daryl manage to get Jessica back inside the house as she cried.