Chapter 75 - The Beginning Of The End

Ok so this is the last chapter. I know I'm gonna cry too. 😢Anyway hope you enjoy the last chapter. Let me know if you cried cause I did.

*The Next Day*

The twins woke up three times and each time had to be changed, fed and burped. Ethan woke up once from their crying and thankfully went back to sleep. It was 8:30 and I was feeding Ariana while Carl fed Lila and Ethan was eating some sliced bananas. Once breakfast was over we cleaned up and put the twins in their bouncers. One used Ethan's old one, and the other used the one Daryl and Rick brought back late last night. Thankfully Rick and Daryl got a whole bunch of different clothes so when we dress them different we will be able to tell them apart. They were even girl clothes so I was impressed. As I was changing Lila and Carl was watching Ariana and Ethan in the living room their was a knock on the door. I heard some conversation until my name was called out.

"Coming!" I replied finishing up Lila and heading out with her. Carl was standing at the door with Ariana in his arms and Ethan by his feet. Rick and some guy I've never seen before were standing at the door. He had an army uniform and looked about Ricks age.

"Who the hell is this?" I asked holding onto Lila slightly tighter.

"Let me explain. Just come to the church in 20 minutes." Rick said and they just left. Carl shut the door and we exchange very confusing looks.

"What was that about?" I asked

"I don't know. You heard the same thing I did." He said

"But what were you talking about before I came out?" I asked

"He just said their is big news and asked where were you." He said

"Ok well if we have to be there in 20 minutes we better hurry getting these kids out the door." I said. We packed a very full diaper bag and Carl got the stroller from the garage as I got them dressed. I helped Ethan get ready first and sat him on the couch. Once I managed to get the twins dressed we put blankets inside the stroller to lift them up to the seat belt. Since they were so small they needed a lift to fit the stroller. I don't know how but Rick and Daryl managed to find a double stroller. Carl carried Ethan while I pushed the stroller to the church. We passed by Maggie and Glenn on the way. We talked about the night and the stuff Daryl and Rick got. Soon everyone in Alexandria was inside the church. Rick was at the podium with the guy next to him. We all find seats and squish together. Me and Carl sat up front with the kids so the stroller wasn't in the way of everyone else.

"So this guy has something to say. I don't know if it's true but I need you all to hear it." Rick said and walked off the podium. The man walked up and cleared his throat like he was making some big speech for the president. Well, existing president that is.

"My name is General Alex and you've got a big surprise ahead of you folks. My team and I have been going through states looking for community's still up like this one. We've only found two like this, but yours is the biggest out of them. Their is a cure. The apocalypse is over. We just need to come together and make this world a real world again." He said. Everyone in the room and I mean everyone looked at each other like we were going deaf.

"How do we know this isn't bullshit and your lying? You could just be leading us in a trap." I said

"Do you really think I'd send a mother and her children in a trap?" He said and I stand up.

"We don't know you. You could be anyone. Shit Alex might not even be your real name." I spit. I didn't trust him. I really didn't trust anyone to be honest.

(You don't know how tempted I was to write tbh instead of to be honest. lol)

"I get it. Being out their for so long and not being able to trust people. You shouldn't, its smart." He said

"I know." I said sitting back down. He explained more things to us, and explaining what the new world would be like if we helped out. He said our group was strong and with us helping the world will be up and running soon enough.

"It's the beginning of the end." He said.

Aaaaaaah it's over. 😭😭😭😭 I love you all so much and thanks for reading this! Hope you enjoy and it thank you for taking the time to read this. I've grown very attached to the charter I developed. Lol I guess it's goodbye for now. NO! No goodbyes. I hate goodbyes. How about,

I'll see you later? 🙂

                       ~ Jessica🌺💯❤️