Chapter 21 - Birthday Gone Bad

Jessica's P.O.V
I was sleeping until I felt someone shake me and I woke up.
"What the hell are you doing waking me up on my birthday before the suns out?" I whisper yelled to Carl who was standing over me.
"I told you not to leave early." He said pulling me out of bed.
"I don't wanna!" I whined but he dragged me outside.
"Where are we going?" I asked wiping my eyes as he dragged me outside.
"You'll see." Was all he said until he stopped.
"Why are we by the fence?" I asked
"This is why I woke you up early." He said turing me towards the field where the sun was barley coming up. It rose slowly like it was coming from the ground and I just stared in awh.
"Its beautiful." I said quietly starring at the rising sun.
"Like you."he said grabbing my hand pulling me closer to him as I blushed.
"I have something for you." He said reaching into his pocket.
"Really?" I asked
"It is your birthday right?" He said and I nodded
"Close your eyes and turn around." He instructed and I did. I could feel him out something around my neck.
"Open." He said and I look down on my neck seeing a pink crystal necklace dangling from me with a gold chain.

"Oh my god Carl it's beautiful!" I said jumping into his arms hugging him

"Where did you get this?" I asked still staring at it.
"When we went into that gun store, I found it and though it was perfect for you. I just had to find the right time and when you said it was your birthday I knew I had to give it to you." He said and my face lit up.
"Your such a romantic." I said playing with the necklace
"Anything for you." He said winking as we walked back inside and everyone was awake. I was surrounded with happy birthdays and hugs. I walked up to Daryl with a huge smile on my face
"Well good morning sunshine." He said eating something.
"Hey Daryl."
"Where'd ya get that?" He asked me motions to my necklace.
"Carl." I said and he grinned a little bit
"Course you did." He said
"What time you leavin?" He asked
"Soon, and please don't tell me to reconsider bringing someone because I'm not." I said to him and he nodded
"I'm not, if you wanna be alone on your birthday fine." He said and I smiled
"Thanks Daryl." I said hugging him running up to my cell packing my bag. After about 10 minutes I packed my bag and headed out saying good bye to everyone. Carl came up to me before I left.
"Hey, if your not back by sun down I'm gonna look for you myself." He said acting all strict
"Yes sir!" I fake saluted him like in the movies kissing him before heading out. I had my crossbow, a knife, and my pistol with my and my bag. It was really only for carrying water and room for the animals. I've been hunting for about 3 hours and it looks to me like it's around 1 because I left when everyone was done with breakfast. I was staying close to the prion but far enough where I could catch something without a walker getting it first. I heard footsteps behind me and figured it was a walker. I readied my crossbow ready to shoot and their was two coming at me. I shot one with the crossbow and pulled out my knife for the other stabbing it in the eye socket spilling blood on my face a little bit. I wiped it off grabbing my arrow and kept going till I heard more footsteps. But these weren't walker foot steps, they were human. Because they stopped and slowed down as I stopped looking around.
"Holy Shit." I heard a rough and familiar voice say but before I could turn around I was hit in the head with something hard making me black out.

Carl's P.O.V
She's been gone for a long time and I was getting nervous. She promised she wouldn't be out this long and I was freaking out.
"Carl relax." My dad was telling my as I paced back and forth outside by the fence looking around for her.
"She's not back yet." I said still pacing
"Still not here?" Daryl called out coming from the prison.
"No." I said and he looked pissed
"I'm going to find her." He said
"No, we need you here. Just wait till the morning, if she's not back we search." Dad said and I panicked inside
"Your not keeping me from getting my sister."
"You don't even know she's in trouble, she could just be a little lost and coming back." Dad said back
"Whatever but if she not back in the morning I'm gonna flip on someone." He said storming back inside.
-3 hours later-
"Come on let's go inside its late." Dad said to me, it was dark and I could barley see.
"She's out there and we don't know where." I said back
"Carl, we'll look for her tomorrow but you need to be here." My dad begged.
"Ok fine, but give me a minute." I said and he nodded walking back. I wasn't going back inside without Jessica. I checked my gun making sure it was loaded and my knife in my pants. I made sure no one was out and I left the prison going to find her. I know it is stupid to go out at night but I didn't care.

Jessica's P.O.V
I woke up with my head pounding and I feel my hands restrained behind me. I was sitting in this large room with a table and another chair in front of me. I messed with the cuffs trying to slip them with no use. Until about 15 minutes later someone came in the room. I look up and can't believe what I'm seeing and my jaw drops to the ground.

"Dad?"