Chapter 19 - A New Place

The Next Morning Carl's P.O.V
I woke up and the sun was barley out but it was there. Jess was still lying on my leg asleep. After she woke up last night I didn't want to wake her so I stayed there just staring closely at her features. I broke away from her because someone spoke quietly.
"She your girlfriend?" The voice said and I could see the frame come into view. It was Kirsten and she was awake playing with her knife.
"Yeah, you noticed?" I whispered back to her since we were the only ones awake.
"Come on sheriff, even the dead bastards notice." She said back and I just shook my head looking back down at Jess.
"Why?" She asked and I looked at her confused
"Why what?" I asked back
"Why love someone at a time like this?"
"Why not?" I said back
"Haven't you seen what happens? Groups like this get torn apart one by one. Like back their at that barn. You think your safe until your not." She replied and I didn't really have words
"Why do you care?"
"Who said I did?" She said back
"You asked."
"Whatever. That redneck over their related to her or somthin?" She asked motioning to Daryl laying in a corner.
"Observant." I said back
"It's not hard to tell." She said
"How so?"
"They both use a crossbow, they look alike, they act alike, they fight all the time, they love each other, getting it now?" She snapped
"Dam you are observant." I said back
"Have to be."
"How long you been up?" I asked
"Most of the night. When you two were talking I was up."
"You were?" I was shocked. How was she awake?
"Yeah, you really do care about her don't you?"
"Yeah." I replied and she shook my head
"You haven't loved?" I asked back as she put her knife away
"Yes, I have and I know what happens to people when shit goes down." She snapped and I just stopped talking to her. Jessica was still sleeping and I didn't care because I personally thought she was adorable when she slept.
"She sleeping?" My dad asked getting up with my mom and I nodded. Kirsten was standing walking over to everyone waking them up. I don't know why but she did.
"What the hell?" Daryl asked when she poked at him waking him up
"Get up redneck we got shit to do." She said moving on until everyone was up but Jess. She walked over to me standing over me and Jess.
"Don't you dare wake her up." I snapped and she walked away.
"Whatever." 30 minutes later Jess started to wake up.
"It's about time." I said to her as she sat up off my leg.
"Sorry, I'm just exhausted." She replied
"I know." I said pulling her chin to my face and lightly kissed her lips.
"Hey Romeo and Juliet get your asses over here!" Kirsten yelled at us and I pulled away getting up grabbing Jessica's hand walking over to the group.
"Dam your bitchy in the morning." I snapped at her and mom glared at me but I didn't care, Jess giggled at my comment.
"I'm always bitchy Romeo." She snapped back
"Anyway! Can we focus here?" Dad said stepping in.
"We need a new place, and soon. It's not safe out here." Dad said
"When has it ever been smart ass?" Kirsten said back and he just shook it off.
"Well there's nothing around here, we need to move on." Glenn said and we nod.
"Where is the question?" Hershel said
"We walk until we find out." Dad said and I could hear Jessica sigh.
"Let's go, more daylight we have the better." He said again and we grabbed our things. Jessica gave Daryl back his poncho since she was fine now and we headed off. We all walked in the street, Glenn, Maggie, Beth, Daryl, Dad, Mom, Hershel, Kirsten, T-dog, Carol, me, and Jess. We walked for what felt like forever until we all stopped. Mom was exhausted and was walking very slow.
"We need more water." I said and dad nodded
"Daryl, come with me go look for a stream or something." He nodded following my dad into the woods and we all sat down on the side of the road.
"Be safe." Jess yelled to them
"I know." Daryl shouted back. I was sitting on we were all sitting in the road waiting for them to come back.
"I'm going to hunt." Jessica said standing grabbing her crossbow
"No, you should wait till there back." I replied but she didn't listen.
"I'll be back." She said leaning over kissing my cheek walking into the woods. I really didn't want her to go but I knew she wouldn't listen if I told her not to so I just let her go without a fight. Twenty minutes later Daryl and my dad came back and I saw no water.
"Nothing?" Mom asked and dad just shook his head.
"No, but we found a prison. It's overrun but I think we can clear it. It's got fences and looks stable." Dad said
"Wait, where's Jessica?" Daryl asked
"She went out to hunt, said she'd  be back soon." I said and he nodded

Jessica's P.O.V
After about 20 minutes all I had were three squirrels. I decided to head back. As I was walking I heard footsteps behind me and raised my crossbow ready to fire. I looked around but didn't see anything and made it back to the group. As I come out of the woods I get a face full of guns and I smile.
"I surrender." I said putting my hands up and everyone put their weapons down.
"Find anything?" Daryl asked
"Three squirrels." I said shrugging my shoulder forward showing him the squirrels.
"Ok, but we won't need em." He replied
"What?"
"We found a prison, we're gonna clear it out."
"Ok." I said dropping the squirrels and putting my crossbow around my shoulder.  Carl came over to me walking next to me. We made it to this prison and it was huge. There was walkers everywhere.
"How the hell are we gonna do this?" I whispered to Rick as we hid in the bushes from the walkers figuring out a plan.
"We have to." He said and explains the plan. We run through the the walk way of the fences. Getting to the door that entered into the field full of walkers.